The following simple recipe will help to make a festive table for a child bright and original: a delicious roll “Giraffe”. The unusually beautiful roll resembles in its appearance the coloring of the animal of the same name. The multi-colored roll is very tender, thanks to the milk cream - it literally melts in your mouth. And bananas and vanilla give the roll a unique summer flavor.
For the test:
- 4 chicken eggs;
- 1 cup flour;
- 1 cup of sugar;
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- 2 cups of milk;
- 1 tablespoon flour;
- 1 tablespoon of starch;
- 3 tablespoons of sugar;
- 75 grams of butter;
- vanillin to taste.
After the dough is divided, you will need 2 more teaspoons of flour and 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder. For more tenderness and aroma, in the finished roll we need 1 banana.
Tasty roll "Giraffe". Step by step recipe
- In a deep bowl, mix 4 chicken eggs and a glass of sugar, beat until a small foam forms.
- Pour flour in portions while continuing to mix with a mixer.
- Add baking powder to the dough.
- 4 tablespoons of the finished dough are put in a separate bowl, pour two teaspoons of flour into it. Mix everything well with a spoon so that there are no lumps.
- In the rest of the dough, add 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder, mix with a whisk.
- Now we will “draw”. We cover the baking sheet with baking or parchment paper, on which the spots of the giraffe are drawn with a pencil (where the spots of the dough will be laid out dark, and in between - light). You can see this process more accurately in the video under the recipe.
- We spread a white thick dough between the spots with a teaspoon, we try to do it very carefully. It turns out such a kind of net in the end.
- All the rest of the free space is filled with brown dough.
- We send the pan to the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes at a temperature of 190 degrees. We ourselves are preparing a cream at this time.
- In a bowl with milk, pour one tablespoon of milk and starch, 3 tablespoons of sugar and put on a slow fire. With constant stirring, bring to a boil.
- When the cream boils and becomes thick enough, add one tablespoon of butter. Mix well and add vanillin (to taste).
- Turn off the fire. Let the cream cool a little.
- Let the cake ready to cool slightly (just a couple of minutes), grease it with milk cream. If there is a banana at home (by chance), then we cut it into two halves, put them along the edge of the cake, and it is from this edge that we begin to roll our roll.
- We begin to twist along with the paper, and then slowly remove it. The roll is very tender, so you need to act carefully.
- We wrap the roll in cling film and put in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours, so that it is well saturated with cream.
Extraordinarily tasty and beautiful roll “Giraffe” will become an adornment of a children's holiday table. The children will be delighted at the sight of such a miracle. Moreover, it is very tasty, delicate, juicy and fragrant. The site "I like to cook" is pleased to offer you other recipes for original baking.