Among the various recipes for biscuits for a cake, the most common and easy to prepare is a simple biscuit recipe in the oven. It always turns out to be tender, magnificent and high. I suggest you, along with the site "I love to cook," prepare a dessert of the aristocracy of the XVIII century - a homemade biscuit for a cake.
- chicken eggs - 6 pieces;
- sugar - 0.7 cups;
- wheat flour - 1 cup;
- baking powder - 2 teaspoons;
- vanilla - 1 teaspoon;
- salt is a pinch.
A simple cake sponge cake. Step by step recipe
- To start cooking a simple biscuit, we separate the yolks from the proteins. And you need to do this very carefully so that not a drop of yolks gets to the proteins. Tip. You can use an empty plastic bottle to separate the yolks from the proteins. Having pressed the neck to the egg yolk, press the bottle walls a little - and the whole yolk will fall inside.
- We add a pinch of salt to the proteins: it not only gives the taste to our homemade biscuit cake, but also helps the proteins beat better and faster. And we begin to whisk first at medium speed, and after a few minutes - at high. Tip. The capacity in which the proteins will be whipped should be dry and high. It’s better to whip the proteins chilled: the process will go faster, and the result will be better.
- After the proteins have turned into a lush mass of white, add half the sugar and continue to whisk further: until the moment when the proteins for the biscuit turn into stable “peaks”. A very simple way to check the “stability” of proteins is to turn the bowl over: if nothing spills, then you did everything right!
- In a separate container, mix the yolks with the sugar that remains, and also beat at medium speed. The result should be a light yellow mass, increased in volume.
- Into the yolks we introduce the whipped whites into the lush white foam and mix gently, from the bottom up, using a wooden or silicone spatula. The mass for a simple biscuit should be light, almost "weightless".
- Mix flour with baking powder and sift together. This must be done several times. Tip. The process of sifting flour is needed not only to separate garbage and excess particles, but also to enrich it with oxygen. The better the flour is sifted, the more magnificent our baking will become - homemade simple biscuit. Add flour to the egg mixture, but not all at once, but gradually: in three or four stages. This method of introducing flour into the liquid minimizes the formation of lumps.
- At the same stage, we gradually introduce vanilla or vanilla extract or vanillin into our biscuit dough.
- Continue to knead the dough from top to bottom. For too long, you don’t need to knead the dough for a simple biscuit, otherwise it will begin to thin and may lose its airy structure.
- It is necessary to prepare a mold for our biscuit cake in advance. There are several options for this. Firstly, you can grease the shape or deep pan with vegetable or butter, or margarine, then crush with flour or semolina. Secondly, you can cover the form with parchment paper, pre-prepared blanks and attaching them to the form with water.
- Pour the biscuit dough into a mold, level the surface and bake in the oven at a temperature of 180 degrees for about 30-35 minutes. We check the readiness of homemade biscuit with a wooden stick or a toothpick. A stick stuck in the middle should come out dry and clean. You can bake all the dough at once, or you can divide it into parts. Neither the taste nor the appearance of the cake biscuit will change.
- After baking, leave the biscuit for 10 minutes in the oven, slightly opening the door. This is necessary so that a simple biscuit for the cake adapts to the environment and does not donkey from the temperature difference.
- When the biscuit finally “rested” and cooled down, we wrap it in cling film and put it in the refrigerator for several hours to insist and become wet in the middle.
- The finished biscuit needs to be cut into three cakes. On the cut, the cake biscuit is tender, porous, “nostril-like”.
- If necessary, soak and grease the biscuit with cream (recipes for a variety of creams for the cake, you can see on our site "I like to cook").
The main ingredient for cooking any food is a good mood. And you will find useful recommendations and proven recipes (such as this one) on our website “I Love Cooking”. Pay attention to a delicious sponge cake and a fluffy sponge cake without eggs.