Dear friends, I offer you a simple recipe for puff pastries. Homemade puff made on the basis of yeast dough, incredibly tender, incredibly tasty, fragrant and stored for a long time. The shtrezelny crumb gives sweet yeast rolls spicy notes.
The simplicity of cooking is truly captivating. This recipe will surely appeal to lovers of homemade cakes.
For the test:
- flour - 500 grams;
- 6 grams of instant or instant yeast (preferably for baking);
- sugar - 70 grams;
- milk - 200 milliliters;
- butter - 40 grams;
- vegetable oil - 30 grams;
- one large chicken egg;
- salt - 0.5 teaspoon;
- water - 50 milliliters.
- flour - 120 grams;
- sugar - 150 grams;
- butter - 100 grams.
- one chicken egg.
Homemade puff buns. Step by step recipe
- For baking puff pastries, we need 6 grams of instant or instant yeast - these are special yeast for baking.
- We add yeast to warm water (according to the recipe), mix well and let the yeast water stand for a while so that the yeast completely dissolves.
- Next, we need 70 grams of fat. To do this, combine the butter with vegetable oil, slightly heat to completely melt the butter.
- In a container, in a mixture of vegetable and butter, pour warm milk, add sugar, salt and mix well until the salt and sugar are completely dissolved.
- We break one large chicken egg (it is good to use homemade fresh egg for making puff pastries), break it into a small container and shake it with a fork.
- Pre-sifted wheat flour.
- Combine all prepared liquid ingredients: milk, beaten egg and yeast solution.
I knead the yeast dough for homemade puff in the kitchen machine, but you can knead the dough quite calmly with your hands.
- All the prepared ingredients are placed in the kitchen machine: sifted wheat flour, muffins - and knead the butter dough.
- We grease the bowl with vegetable oil, spread the finished yeast dough, round it a little, cover with cling film and leave it warm to rise (the dough should double in volume).
It usually takes me 1.5-2 hours.
- For shtrezelnoy crumbs, mix 120 grams of flour with sugar, add 100 grams of chopped cold butter and grind everything into crumbs.
I rub my hands - you don’t need to get very small crumbs.
- We cover the container with ready-made crumbs and put them in the refrigerator.
- We crumble the approached yeast dough, put it on the desktop and roll it out using a rolling pin.
Roll out the dough of a long rectangular shape. Roll out very thinly: approximately one centimeter thick. The puff pastry is very soft, supple and rolls out wonderfully.
- Sprinkle half of the rolled dough with shtreznymi crumbs, fold the dough in half and roll again, again half the rolled puff pastry with sprinkles of shredded dough, fold the dough again and roll out again. For the third time, sprinkle half the dough with crumbs, fold the dough again and roll it out.
You should get a strip about 8 centimeters wide and 1.5 centimeters thick.
- Then cut the prepared dough into approximately the same squares (I get 13 squares).
- We add the corners of the sliced squares to the center, in the manner of Sverdlovsk puffs: so that as a result we get more rounded buns. As an option: you can not roll the dough, but bake in the form of squares.
- We cover the baking sheet for baking puff pastries with baking paper.
- Move the finished puffs onto a laid baking sheet (lay the bun rolls on a baking sheet not close to one another, leave the distance - they will increase in volume).
- We cover yeast buns on a baking sheet with cling film and leave to stand warm.
In the process of proofing, the dough prepared with yeast should come up and increase in volume by 1.5-2 times. It usually takes 40-50 minutes to proof the dough.
- Beat one large chicken egg with a fork.
- Grease the buns with a beaten egg and sprinkle with the remaining crumbs.
- Since we will bake puff pastry rolls in the oven, we preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- We send the baking tray with puff rolls to bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes. The baking time of the puffs depends on your oven. Ready-made puffs should be a delicious ruddy color.
Delicate, airy, homemade puff pastries just melt in your mouth. Please your family with a cup of fragrant tea with a delicious air puff.
Following our step-by-step recipe, puff buns will turn out to bake "excellent" even for beginners.
On “I Love Cooking” you will find many more interesting and simple recipes for delicious home-made cakes.