An airy Easter cake with sugar icing is a great addition to the festive table. Easter cakes baked according to this recipe are lush, very tender and just melt in your mouth. They are moderately sweet and do not crumble at all. They are covered with a special sugar glaze and sprinkled with colored candied fruits - as if covered with confetti. It is not only beautiful, but also unusually tasty.
- wheat flour - 1 tablespoon;
- milk - 125 milliliters;
- granulated sugar - 1 tablespoon;
- yeast (pressed fresh) - 15 grams.
For the test:
- chicken eggs - 0.5 pieces (whipped);
- egg yolks - 3 pieces;
- salt to taste;
- butter - 70 grams;
- flour - 250 grams;
- granulated sugar - 70 grams;
- vanilla sugar - 8 grams;
- light raisins - 80 grams;
- citrus zest - 0.25 lemon;
- vegetable oil - for kneading.
- icing sugar - 100 grams;
- water - 2 tablespoons (for powder) + 2 tablespoons (for gelatin);
- gelatin - 2 tablespoons;
- candied fruit - for decoration.
Airy Easter cake with sugar icing. Step by step recipe
- Bring the milk to a boil, then lower the temperature and boil for several minutes.
- Tip. The pot in which you are going to boil milk must first be rinsed with cold water.
- We leave the milk to cool, remove the foam and measure out half a glass.
- We prepare a dough for the test. Pour crushed pressed live yeast and granulated sugar into a bowl, mix and leave for a minute.
- Pour warm milk into the yeast, add a little flour. Mix everything, cover with a towel and leave to approach for an hour.
- Opara should grow a froth.
- Steamed raisins with boiling water and leave for half an hour.
- Tip. I recommend: before steaming raisins with hot water, first soak it in cold water - since dried fruits can be processed with chemical preservatives that help dry fruits and berries to be stored longer. These preservatives dissolve well in cold water, so raisins must first be soaked in it. And then you can steam it with boiling water and dry it with a towel.
- Melt the butter and leave to cool slightly. We can melt it in the microwave.
- Beat one egg separately. Pour half of this egg mass into the yolks, add granulated sugar, vanilla sugar or vanilla essence, salt and zest from a quarter of a lemon. Whisk all the ingredients with a whisk: until a homogeneous mass is formed.
- We use the other half of the egg for greasing cakes: before planting in the oven.
- When the dough for the Easter cake for Easter, rises and rises well, add the sugar - egg mixture to it and stir everything well.
- Sift the flour into a deep bowl: you can sift it several times - this will help it to be enriched with oxygen, which will subsequently make Easter cakes more airy.
- In the middle of the slide, we make a depression from the flour and pour the dough with the egg mixture. We mix everything, and gradually add melted chilled oil.
- Knead the components for the Easter cake first with a spoon, then proceed to kneading with your hands.
- You need to knead the dough for about 20 minutes, from time to time to scrape it from the walls. Dip your hands in odorless vegetable oil - this will help to better knead it.
- The finished dough will be uniform and smooth.
- Add half a spoonful of flour to the raisins, mix and sift to remove the excess.
- Add the raisins to the dough and knead.
- Tip. You can also put dried cherries, cranberries, apricots and candied citrus or pineapple in the Easter cake. All that you like.
- We round the dough and transfer to a greased bowl, cover and leave in a warm place for an hour and a half.
- We prepare molds for baking Easter Easter cakes. They need to be greased with oil (you can margarine), and sprinkled with flour, semolina or small crumbs of crackers.
- The form can be used both metal and paper.
- We crumble the approached dough once more, divide it into portions, slightly round it and send it to the molds.
- Once again let the dough rise. Then grease with an egg.
- And bake for 40-45 minutes in the oven, at a temperature of 170 degrees Celsius.
- The readiness of Easter cakes is checked with a wooden speck. If the stick remains dry when pierced, the baking is ready.
- We begin to prepare a special glaze for Easter cakes. Pour gelatin with cold boiled water and leave to swell.
- Pour sugar powder with a few tablespoons of water, and mix until smooth. We put on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Remove the sugar mixture from the stove, let it cool slightly and pour in the gelatin: it should completely dissolve.
- Owl. Immediately, in a very hot syrup, gelatin is undesirable to send, because it can lose its quality. But in the cold, too, there is no point: because the gelatin will not dissolve. Therefore, you need to choose the optimal temperature.
- Beat with a mixer until a white, thick glaze forms. She grasps very quickly, so you need to immediately cover it with cakes.
- Sprinkle cakes on top with finely chopped candied fruits.
Airy, fragrant Easter cakes with sugar icing are exactly what should be on the Easter table in every home. On our site “I love to cook” you will find other recipes for the Easter menu.