Very often I spoil my family with different cakes or pastries, but I am always very careful about the choice of cream. After all, I want him to be moderately bold, because this very much affects the figure. But, at the same time, very tasty, light, airy - and soaked the cake well. In my grandmother’s old cookbook, I found a recipe for the amazing Charlotte cream: this cream was very widely used in Soviet times - today I will share this recipe with you.
- egg - 1 piece;
- milk - 150 milliliters;
- butter - 250 grams;
- sugar - 220 grams;
- vanilla essence;
- cognac - 1 tablespoon.
Amazing cream "Charlotte". Step by step recipe
- Prepare such dishes so that the milk does not burn and does not darken when heated. Pour milk into the prepared pan and pour sugar. About 10 percent of the sugar you need to leave: it is still useful to us.
- We put the pan with milk on the stove, on a slow fire, stirring constantly, let the sugar dissolve. Bring to a boil and boil - 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Beat the egg with the remaining sugar whisk, then pour the hot milk syrup into the eggs with a thin stream, constantly stirring with the whisk.
- Next, pour everything back into the pan, put on the fire and continue stirring: cook until thick. By consistency, the resulting custard base should resemble a not very thick condensed milk.
- Pour the custard base into a cold container so that the cooking process stops completely and allow to cool. When the mass cools, the cream thickens a little. Stir every 10 minutes so that no film forms.
- Softened butter must be beaten with a mixer. The optimum oil temperature is 20-21 degrees Celsius. It is at this temperature that the oil gives the maximum volume.
- Then add the custard base in small portions. We periodically collect cream from the edges of the dishes so that it stays evenly and there are no lumps.
- Recommended proportions of Charlotte cream: for one part butter, 1.4 parts syrup.
- At the end of whipping, it's time to add vanilla essence extract and cognac. If you do for children, you can do without alcohol.
Amazing Charlotte Cream is ready. Homemade cream turns out to be very gentle, holds its shape well, is easy to apply. It is very important to observe the amount of all products: then the quality of the cream will please you. Of course, you can add a little cocoa, then the cream will be chocolate, or some coffee: in this case, the Charlotte cream will become coffee. We decorate a cake or any cakes with such a cream. Your sweet tooth will appreciate even the most ordinary biscuit: with such an amazing cream. Enjoy this yummy with a hot, aromatic tea. Be sure to look at the recipes for a variety of creams on our site "Very tasty." Have a nice tea party!