As an option for snacks, I offer an excellent dessert - apple caramel. Children will relish this delicious dessert at school, and you will not be able to resist it. It is also an excellent complement to other, more complex desserts. Apple caramel recipe is pretty simple, see for yourself!
- 4 cups apple cider;
- 1 cup of fat cream;
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon;
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger;
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice;
- 1 pinch of clove;
- 1 pinch of nutmeg;
- 1 cup of honey;
- 1/3 cup corn syrup;
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of water;
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter;
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
Apple Caramel Step by step recipe
- Boil the cider in a deep bowl over low heat until reduced to three times. Let cool.
- In a small bowl, beat together 2/3 cups of cream, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cloves, nutmeg and cooled cider.
- Mix honey, 1/3 cup cream, corn syrup and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves, then cook the mixture, stirring.
- Remove from heat and slowly pour in the creamy mixture. Add butter and mix. Cook, stirring, until the mixture reaches a temperature of 250 degrees.
- Remove from heat and carefully pour caramel into a prepared baking dish.
- Allow to cool at room temperature. Cut into squares or rectangles and wrap in paper.
The shelf life of this dessert can be up to 2 weeks. A great option for snacks and as an ingredient for more complex desserts. "I love to cook" wishes you bon appetit! And be sure to try meringues on baked apples and apples with cottage cheese!