Simple and quick baking - apple roll: the most delicate sponge cake with a pleasant sweet and sour apple filling and a delicate lemon flavor. The biscuit roll is so soft that it just melts in your mouth. A great option for a family evening tea party: it is prepared very quickly and easily, in one go, from readily available products. In fact, this is an option for everyone's favorite charlotte - but, in the original presentation.
- 120 grams of flour;
- 130 grams of sugar;
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder;
- 4 chicken eggs;
- 8 grams of vanilla sugar.
- 5 red sweet apples (800 grams);
- sugar to taste;
- zest of one lemon;
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
Apple roll. Step by step recipe
- Peel the apples and rub on a coarse grater. Drain excess juice, add a tablespoon of lemon juice (so as not to darken). Rub the zest of one lemon and sprinkle with sugar (to taste). Mix - and our filling is ready.
- Beat eggs with a whisk (for at least 10 minutes), gradually adding sugar (without stopping beating). It should be very lush egg mass.
- Mix flour with baking powder, sift through a sieve into the egg mixture, add vanilla sugar. Mix the dough until smooth.
- Cover the baking sheet with baking paper, grease with vegetable (butter) or margarine.
- We spread the apple filling and evenly distribute it over the entire form, using a spoon or spatula.
- Pour the dough onto the filling, level it with a spatula.
- We bake apple roll in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- We lay the finished cake on a towel (the filling should be on top).
- We turn the hot apple cake into a roll, helping ourselves with a towel. Let it cool at room temperature.
- We decorate the apple roll with powdered sugar, cut into portioned slices.
- Can be decorated with icing, nuts or candied fruits. In general, this is just the case when there is room for fantasy to roam. Go for it!
We serve unusually tasty, fragrant and delicate apple roll for tea: for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Apple dessert is not only tasty, but also very useful: after all, it includes only natural products. On our site "I love to cook" you will find many more recipes for original desserts.