The perfect combination of thin, light dough and fragrant delicate fruit filling with sourness - all this is about the Austrian strudel with apples and currants. Insanely delicious, it is suitable even for those who protect their figure. It can be prepared for dessert or as a light meal for breakfast. I always bake it with great pleasure. Try it and you!
- finished puff pastry - 2 sheets;
- apple (any varieties) - 2 pieces;
- currants - 150 grams;
- walnuts - half a glass;
- cinnamon - a pinch;
- sugar - half a glass;
- flour - 3 tablespoons;
- breadcrumbs - 2 tablespoons;
- egg - 1 piece;
- water - 1 tablespoon;
- powdered sugar - 2 teaspoons;
Austrian strudel with apples and currants. Step by step recipe
- Washing apples. Peel and cut into small cubes. Put in a bowl and mix them with flour and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Add a pinch of cinnamon. Mix. Leave the apples to soak and give juice for 15 minutes.
- Separately mix the nuts, breadcrumbs and the remaining sugar.
- We take the dough, roll it out with a thin layer and put the filling on top. First you need to lay out half the nut mass, then half the apple mass. Distribute a little currant on top. We twist the dough into a roll and fix the edges. We do the same with the second sheet of dough and the filling.
- We take a baking sheet, put food paper on it and put our strudel.
- Break the egg, add a tablespoon of water and beat with a whisk. Grease the strudel egg on top. We make transverse cuts along the strudel length and put it in the oven, preheated to 200 degrees for 35 minutes.
- When the strudel is baked, take it out and sprinkle powdered sugar on top. For decoration, you can also add berries of currant.
The ruddy, delicious Austrian strudel is ready! It can also be served with ice cream, condensed milk, cream. Well, those who follow a diet can eat it and so! "I love to cook" wishes you bon appetit! Next time we will make walnut-cherry strudel and apple strudel from puff pastry.