Baklava is a popular pastry made from puff pastry with nuts in syrup, which is widespread in oriental cuisine. And the preparation is pretty simple. Learn with us!
Ingredients for Honey Baklava:
- flour - 3 cups;
- sugar - 1 teaspoon;
- mineral water - 1 cup;
- salt - 1 pinch;
- vodka - 3 tablespoons;
- sour cream - optionally a couple of spoons.
Honey baklava. The recipe for the steps:
- In a saucepan, mix flour, sour cream, mineral water, vodka, sugar and salt.
- Knead the dough well on the table until uniform. To avoid sticking to your hands, crush the dough with flour.
- Let the dough stand for half an hour and knead again.
- Roll the dough into a thin layer. You can divide it into several parts.
- Roll the formation into a roll, sprinkled with flour a little.
- Cut the rolls with a knife at an angle into pieces a couple of centimeters thick. Pinch the edge of the dough with your fingers.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep frying pan. Lightly fry the rolls on both sides until golden. The dough should be slightly peeled. Put the baklava on a napkin.
- In the meantime, make syrup. Take a glass of sugar, ⅔ cup of water, a teaspoon of honey. Syrup is boiled over low heat until bubbles form.
- During this time, the baklava will cool, and it will be possible to dip it in syrup.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar or nuts on top.
Another recipe for baklava - Turkish.
Ingredients for Turkish Baklava:
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
- Water - 125 ml.
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Olive oil - 30 ml.
- Butter - 200 g.
- Starch - 150 g.
- sugar - 400 g.
- Water - 200 ml.
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Ground cinnamon - 1/3 tsp
- Pistachios - 50 g. + Sugar 50 g.
- Walnuts - 75 g + sugar 75 g.
Turkish baklava. The recipe for the steps:
- For the test, take and break two eggs, add salt, olive oil and water. All mix well.
- Gradually add the sifted flour, knead the dough for about 10 minutes to make it soft and supple.
- Wrap the dough in a film and leave for an hour.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling: chop the walnuts and add sugar. We also chop the pistachios, mix some with sugar, and set aside the second part for sprinkling.
- Take the dough and divide into 21 pieces of about 35 grams.
- We form balls from pieces and cover them with a film so that they do not harden.
- First, take 7 balls and roll to a diameter of 20 cm. We stack the circles in a pile. Tip: so that the dough does not stick, we use potato starch instead of flour.
- Then we roll the whole pile into one big circle, in the process generously sprinkling with starch. The layer should be large and very thin.
- We take a form in which we will bake baklava and cut the dough according to the size of the form. Cut the remaining dough into small pieces.
- Lubricate the form with melted butter and spread the cut out part.
- Grease each layer with butter, put the rest of the dough.
- In the end, lay the walnuts on top and distribute them.
- We repeat the same thing with the rest of the balls: we also fold onto each other and roll out a large circle, cut, put it into a common shape, only use pistachios as the filling.
- Roll out the last 7 balls, then one circle and lay it in a mold, greasing each other with butter.
- The last layer should be solid and not oiled.
- We carefully cut the resulting workpiece into layers, and then longitudinally, we get rhombuses.
- Pour baklava with the remaining butter.
- We will send the oven preheated to 180 degrees for 40 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the syrup. Sugar mix with cinnamon and pour water.
- Cook until thickened over high heat for about 10-15 minutes.
- When the syrup is ready, add the lemon juice and the lemon itself.
- As soon as we took the baklava from the oven, fill it with hot syrup.
- Sprinkle with pistachios on top and leave to soak for 1 hour.
Baklava is perfectly soaked and just melts in your mouth! Enjoy your meal!
Video provided by Dastarkhan channel - delicious recipes
Everything great is easy! It turned out very tasty, it took a little time. Enjoy your meal!
Cook “Delicious” together! Pay attention to the preparation of halva diet and Swiss Meringue - a hot way to cook.