My mother used to work as a pastry chef and often cooked “Bird's milk” cake according to GOST at home. Just recently, she again pleased me with this sweetness - divinely tasty, as in childhood. In this version of “Bird's milk” everything is balanced: soft sponge cake, tender souffle, cake is sweet, but not cloying. Each piece brings a lot of pleasure and enjoyment. You know, I tried a lot of options for “Bird's milk” cakes, but for me the best one is made in accordance with GOST. Mom revealed to me the secrets of making the classic bird milk cake at home. And now I want to share his recipe with you, on “I like to cook”!
- vanillin - 1 sachet;
- baking powder - 4 grams;
- eggs - 5-6 pieces;
- flour - 140 grams;
- oil - 80 grams;
- granulated sugar - 100 grams.
For cream soufflé:
- butter - 135 grams;
- granulated sugar - 200 grams;
- boiled water - 100 grams;
- instant gelatin - 15 grams;
- citric acid - 0.25 teaspoon;
- condensed milk - 200 grams.
For glaze fudge:
- granulated sugar - 25 grams;
- cream or milk - 140 grams;
- butter - 25 grams;
- dark chocolate - 120 grams.
Cake "Bird's milk" according to GOST. Step by step recipe
- Separate the whites from the yolks. If you have large, perfect eggs, then they will need 5 pieces, if medium and smaller - 6 pieces. Squirrels are sent to the refrigerator, they will be used for cream.
- Combine the yolks with sugar, vanilla and beat with a blender until light lush foam.
- After we add the softened butter and continue to whisk at high speed. Only oil should be well soft. You will get a gentle creamy mass.
- Sift flour and mix with baking powder. We pour it to the egg-oil mass and stir with a spatula until smooth.
- We shift the dough with a spatula or spoon into a form covered with parchment, and level it. I have a shape with a diameter of 23 centimeters.
- We put in the oven preheated to 200 degrees for 17-20 minutes.
- We leave the finished cake to cool completely: it must stand for at least 4 hours.
- Pour gelatin with cold boiled water, leave to swell.
- We are preparing a classic cream for this cake: with a mixer, beat the softened butter until white splendor.
- Without stopping whipping, add the condensed milk. When there is a beautiful, magnificent, homogeneous mass - the cream is ready.
- Set aside about 2 tablespoons of butter cream for decoration.
- We transfer the swollen gelatin to the stewpan, add 100 grams of sugar, mix, put on a small fire and, constantly stirring, heat the liquid to 60 degrees. Remove from heat. If you do not have a thermometer, you can determine the desired water temperature as follows - only a little noticeable steam will appear, or the water will be hot to the touch, but bearable: that is, you can hold your finger. Sugar must dissolve in this syrup.
- We take out the proteins from the refrigerator and beat them with a mixer at high speed until lush foam, add citric acid: you will immediately see how they begin to condense.
- Without ceasing to beat, slowly pour sugar (100 grams), and after a thin stream pour in the dissolved gelatin. You will notice how the foam begins to become jelly and lush.
- Reduce the speed of the mixer to medium and in small portions we introduce an oil cream, whisk until smooth.
- The cooled biscuit is cut lengthwise into 2 parts.
- We put one half of the cake in a split mold in which they baked, pour half of the cream on top, level it with a spatula, cover with a second biscuit and pour over the remaining souffle. Level the cream with a spatula. Another little tip from me: lay out the cakes with the cut up.
- We put the mold in the refrigerator to stand for 2 hours, until the cake completely hardens.
- When the Bird’s Milk cake hardens, prepare the icing - combine the cream, granulated sugar, put on the stove, heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves. Pour the hot milk mixture into the crushed chocolate and stir until smooth. You should have an elastic shiny chocolate mass. Add oil and mix everything again. Chocolate icing should be slightly cooled (not completely) before applying to the cake. Because when it cools, it becomes thicker.
- With a thin knife, we carefully traverse the inner edge of the form, separating the cake. We get it and transfer it to the dish.
- Pour a little warm glaze and smooth with a spatula or knife. It should stand for another hour in the refrigerator, before solidification.
- We decorate “Bird's milk” with a creamy cream (which we set aside earlier) using a pastry bag.
The most delicate Bird's milk cake, prepared according to GOST, is ready! You take a bite a little, and it melts in your mouth, leaving a delicious aftertaste! Everyone will like this dessert, be sure! Join us on “I Love Cooking” and amaze your loved ones with delicious desserts. You will succeed!
"I love to cook" wishes you bon appetit! And be sure to try the most delicious Bird's Milk Cake and the old Bird's Milk Cake recipe.