From time immemorial, nutritious buckwheat dishes have been desired on a lean table in Russia: lean buckwheat with stewed cabbage is a recipe from time immemorial. And you can also cook fried buckwheat porridge with onions or buckwheat pancakes with onions. Yes, drink it all down - again, without breaking the tradition - with kvask. Believe me, this is not just tasty - it is extraordinary, incredibly tasty and very nutritious. This dish can be eaten not only for lunch: in the monasteries (there it was also thought up, note) buckwheat with stewed cabbage is served for breakfast.
- 1.5 cups of buckwheat;
- 0.5 kilograms of fresh cabbage;
- 1 large carrot;
- 1 onion;
- 3-4 tablespoons of any vegetable oil;
- Bay leaf;
- ground black pepper;
The number of products is approximate, you can adjust to your taste and family composition.
Tasty lean buckwheat with cabbage. Step by step recipe
Prepare all products in advance.
- We clean and wash the onion head, finely chop it (though, in my family everyone loves when onions are cut in half rings in a dish - so it retains aroma and juiciness).
- Wash a large carrot, peel and grind (you can cut into strips or grate on a coarse grater - for an amateur).
- Thinly chop the cabbage.
We proceed directly to the preparation of the second dish - buckwheat with vegetables.
- In a stewpan or pan with a thick bottom, heat the vegetable oil and simmer the onions and carrots over medium heat until half cooked, stirring constantly.
- Send cabbage to the pot for vegetables and simmer until cooked.
- Put stewed buckwheat on the stewed vegetables, salt, pepper to taste, add a couple of bay leaves. Pour everything with warm water so that it covers the groats for 2 centimeters. No need to mix !!!
- Simmer until buckwheat is cooked, over low heat under a lid.
- Sprinkle (optionally) fresh greens before serving: parsley greens are best for this dish (but you can use any other to your taste).
A delicious lean dish - buckwheat with stewed cabbage and vegetables - will be enjoyed not only by those who observe Lent. Buckwheat is a staple in many weight loss diets. Buckwheat with cabbage will help not only to lose weight, but also to lose weight deliciously. If you want to learn more about how to cook delicious lean dishes, then welcome to the “I Love Cooking” website. We have many more interesting, tasty and original recipes for you. Here are some of them: baked meatballs with chicken and buckwheat and TOP-9 delicious dishes with buckwheat.