Buns with poppy seeds. As soon as I mention these words at home, my son shouts: “I want, I want!”. And all thanks to the fact that I found my perfect home baking recipe on one of the YouTube channels. Buns with poppy seeds according to this recipe do not stale for a long time (I can’t say for sure, because they haven’t been lying with me for more than one day, but my girlfriend claimed), they are very soft, airy, rich.
- a glass of milk;
- 2 eggs;
- sugar - 0.5 cups;
- 100 grams of butter;
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil;
- flour - from 2.5 to 3.5 cups;
- live yeast - 30 grams.
- poppy - 1.5 cups;
- milk - 1 cup;
- 12 tablespoons of sugar;
- butter - 40 grams.
One egg for lubrication.
Step-by-step recipe for buns with poppy seeds
- Heat the milk, pour into a bowl, add a tablespoon of sugar and yeast (crumble them).
- Stir until the mass is smooth, then add a glass of sifted flour. The mass should be like thick sour cream.
- The dough should be put in a warm place and allowed to rise 2-3 times.
- Beat eggs with sugar and salt using a mixer or whisk.
- Add melted butter and whisk again.
- Wash the dough that has risen, a little spoonful and add the egg mixture to it.
- Stir, add sunflower oil, mix again.
- Now, adding a little bit of flour, knead a soft, elastic dough that should not stick to your hands.
- Sprinkle the dough with flour and place in a warm place to rise.
- Wash the dough and let rise again.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling: put poppy seeds in a saucepan and pour milk over it. Add sugar and cook it all over low heat, stirring to the desired, semi-liquid consistency.
- Knead the dough well again and roll it with a rolling pin into a thin layer.
- Add a slice of butter to the poppy seed filling, mix.
- Put the poppy seed filling on the dough sheet and spread evenly over the entire surface. Roll the roll.
- Cut the roll into buns of the desired size.
- Cover the baking sheet with baking paper, put the resulting buns there. Make longitudinal cuts on each bun.
- Lubricate the poppy seed buns with a beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven at 200 ° C until browned.
Buns with poppy seeds from yeast dough is a real miracle! Very tasty and aromatic! Enjoy your meal! Cook with “Very tasty”, everything is delicious with us! And next time we will prepare sweet burgers or apple buns.