The Leningradsky cake is a nostalgia of taste and aroma. Just imagine: two types of dough and the most tender custard: who will remain indifferent? Delicate cake that melts in your mouth: I've never tasted anything tastier. Every day, of course, you won’t get ready for it, but you can make a weekday a holiday and please your relatives!
I present the detailed description of the classic cake on the site “I Love Cooking” only for you, dear readers.
- puff pastry - 1 kilogram.
- For the custard test, we need:
- 110 ml of milk and water;
- butter - 100 grams;
- flour - 150 grams;
- egg - 4 pieces;
- a pinch of salt and sugar.
- milk - 0.5 liters;
- sugar - 100 grams;
- starch - 60 grams;
- 2 eggs;
- a bag of vanilla sugar;
- butter - 150 grams.
Cake "Leningrad". Step by step recipe
To prepare the Leningrad cake, we need two types of dough. How to cook puff, you can look here according to this recipe, and we will examine the custard dough and cream now in more detail.
- Let's start with the preparation of custard: put the milk on the fire and warm until it boils, but do not boil.
- Add sugar and vanilla sugar to the eggs, beat with a mixer until smooth. When the mass doubles, add starch, whisk again.
- When the milk is almost boiling, take a small amount and add to the egg mixture, mix quickly.
- Then, continuously stirring the milk, pour the egg-milk mixture in a thin stream.
- Cook the cream over medium heat until thickened, stirring all the time.
- After turning off the fire, do not stop stirring the cream for a couple of seconds, so that no lumps form. If you suddenly have lumps, do not worry: just grind the cream through a sieve or whisk with a blender when it cools down.
- Set the cream aside until it cools completely.
- Beat butter at room temperature for 5-7 minutes until it turns white.
- Gradually add completely cooled cream to the oil and beat with a mixer. The cream should turn out homogeneous, magnificent and at the same time thick.
- Let's make a custard dough: pour milk and water into the stewpan and add the butter. Put on fire and bring to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and sugar to the resulting hot mass.
- Then add the sifted flour, and, continuously stirring, without removing the mass from the fire, we form a kind of ball.
- Then turn off the fire and do not stop stirring the dough until it cools down.
- When the dough is at room temperature, beat the eggs into it, one at a time. Stir well until one egg is completely dissolved and the dough becomes homogeneous, only then add the following. The dough should turn out uniformly thick, and when you pick up a spoon - barely fall off it. You may need 4.5 or 5 eggs. Look at the density of the test.
- Puff pastry, pre-cooked or bought in a store, roll out 0.5-0.7 cm thick.
- Cut it into 10-10 cm squares and put it on a baking sheet covered with baking paper.
- With the help of two spoons, put a ball of custard dough in the middle of each box.
- Lock the edges of the puff pastry over the ball: do not connect, but simply close.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C and bake the cake for 40-50 minutes. The last 10 minutes of baking, reduce the heat to 170 ° C.
- When the cakes have completely cooled, fill them with cream using a pastry bag with a nozzle.
If desired, custard cakes can be sprinkled with powdered sugar!
What a beauty it turns out! It’s hard to believe that such a yummy happens. Be sure to prepare a gentle cake at home, you will like it! Visit us: a lot of tasty and healthy recipes just for you. "I love to cook" wishes you bon appetit! And be sure to try to cook cakes in haste and a delicate cake with lemon and orange filling.