Dear friends, I want to share with you a recipe for making a delicious puff pastry cake with condensed milk. This cake is an original variation of the Napoleon cake. A delicate slice of such a treat just melts in your mouth. And cognac gives the cake a magical aroma. Today, along with “I love to cook,” I suggest you cook a cake “Puff log” with condensed milk.
- puff yeast-free dough - 500 grams;
- butter - 350 grams;
- condensed milk - 250 grams;
- cognac - one tablespoon.
Cake "Puff log" with condensed milk. Step by step recipe
- Take a pound of puff yeastless dough and cut into strips of about 1-2 centimeters. I want to note that the thinner the strips, the better the cake is soaked in the log.
- Cover the baking tray with parchment and put strips of dough.
- We send the baking sheet to the preheated oven to 200-220 degrees.
- Strips should be removed from the oven when they are already brightly red.
- We take the butter at room temperature and beat with a mixer, then add the condensed milk and whisk until the mass is uniform.
- A tablespoon of brandy is added to the whipped condensed milk. Mix well. Cognac will give condensed milk a delicate nutty flavor. Therefore, I take two tablespoons of brandy, it turns out very tasty.
- We take food wrap, you can lay several pieces of film on the table with an overlap.
- And now we can form our cake.
- Put layers of sticks and cream on the film in layers. Leave a couple of sticks for decoration. When put all the sticks, then the cream needs to be coated with the cake on all sides.
- Then we wrap the cake in a film and tighten the ends of the film so that the cake takes the shape of a log.
- We send the cake overnight in the refrigerator.
- Finely chop the sticks that were left to decorate the cake. I do this with a rolling pin.
- When we get the sweets from the refrigerator, we need to unfold the film, sprinkle with crushed crumbs on all sides.
- Cake with condensed milk is ready to serve.
Such a sweetness will appeal to everyone. Serve with a cup of aromatic Americano or Expresso. I want to add on my own: once I made such a cake not with condensed milk, but with custard, it also turned out delicious. But as for me, it is tastier and more aromatic with condensed milk. Cook with the team “I love to cook”, everything is very tasty with us! And be sure to try the cookie cake at home and the Poor Student cake.