Not only a variety of drinks, salads and snacks are prepared from carrots, but also flour confectionery. For example, you can cook delicious carrot cake. One of the ways to make such a pie at home, we provide you with this step-by-step recipe. This is a good alternative for those who do not like boiled carrots, since the pie from this root crop is a completely different thing: it tastes good and will appeal to almost everyone. It is also very important that when cooking carrots do not lose their beneficial properties. Vitamin A is stored in boiled carrots and contains 3 times more antioxidants - substances that prevent the development of many chronic diseases. Carrot cake with raisins and lemon glaze It turns out gentle and airy. The addition of cinnamon and lemon makes this delicacy very fragrant, so your neighbors will also know that you bake a pie. Such a tasty and healthy delicacy as pastries is easy to prepare, and it will appeal to all members of your family.
Ingredients for Making Carrot Pie with Raisins and Lemon Glaze
|For the test|
|Wheat flour||160 g|
|Granulated sugar||100 g|
|Baking powder||20 g|
|Refined vegetable oil||4 tbsp. l|
|Lemon juice||2 tbsp. l|
|Powdered sugar||200 g|
Step by step cooking carrot cake with raisins
- Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon into deep dishes so that there are no lumps. Thanks to this, the pastries will be light and lush.
- Rinse well and pour hot water for 10-15 minutes to swell and become soft. After 15 minutes, drain the water and dry the raisins.
- We take the eggs and drive into a deep container.
- Beat the eggs with a whisk until smooth.
- Peel the carrots, three on a fine grater and add to the egg container.
- In a container with carrots and eggs, add refined oil, chopped walnut kernels and prepared raisins.
- All ingredients are mixed well.
- Next, gradually add the sifted dry ingredients and mix.
- The form in which we will bake the pie, grease with vegetable oil and put the dough in it.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C and bake the cake for 40-50 minutes.
- When the cake cools down a bit, put it on the dish.
- Cooking the icing. To do this, beat the protein with lemon juice using a mixer until you get a fluffy mass.
- Then gradually add the powdered sugar and beat until stable peaks.
- Grease the finished pie on top with icing and decorate with lemon peel.
Serve the cake on the table, cutting into pieces. You can start drinking tea with family and friends. Enjoy your meal!