I offer a very simple and tasty recipe for variations on the theme of the Austrian dessert - cherry strudel. In the original, this roll is baked with apples, but we will use seedless cherries as the filling. The strudel with cherries will turn out no less tasty, and the filling will be more original than in ordinary pies. Tasty, unusual filling in combination with a thin crisp - these are the main flavoring features of this roll.
- seedless cherries - 600 grams;
- chicken eggs - 1 piece;
- potato starch - 1 tablespoon;
- sugar — 250 grams;
- vanilla sugar - 8 grams;
- cookies "Anniversary" or "Sugar" - 100 grams;
- puff yeast-free dough - 1 pack (500 grams);
- wheat flour - 2-3 tablespoons (for rolling dough);
- sunflower oil - 2 tablespoons.
Cherry strudel. Step by step recipe
- First you need to grind cookies into crumbs. This can be done in a blender, or you can use a rolling pin. To prevent crumbs from crumbling, put cookies in a bag.
- Add crumbs from cookies and starch in cherries. Pre-wash the berries, remove the seeds from them. For cherry strudel, you can take berries, both fresh and frozen - and even canned in their own juice.
- When the strudel is baked, the crumbs from the cookies and starch will absorb the cherry juice. From this filling will be tasty, rich and not a drop of berry juice will be lost.
- Add sugar and vanilla sugar to the filling.
- On a floured board, we roll out the finished puff pastry into a layer 3-4 mm wide.
- We spread the cherry filling for strudel on the rolled dough, evenly distributing it over the entire surface, slightly departing from the edges.
- Separately, in a bowl, beat the egg.
- Lubricate the edges of the dough with a beaten egg in order to better fasten the edges of the strudel.
- We twist the dough into a roll: it should be a little flat, not round.
- We shift the finished strudel with cherry on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper
- Lubricate the top of our cherry strudel with a beaten egg and sprinkle with sugar.
- We bake the strudel in the oven at a temperature of 180 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- Our simple, but no less delicious dessert - strudel with cherries - is ready!
This dessert is served hot, with a ball of creamy vanilla ice cream, or watered with milk gravy, which is also very easy to prepare.
- Take a glass of milk and bring it to a boil.
- Separately, mix a couple of tablespoons of sugar with one teaspoon of potato starch and dilute with half a glass of cold milk. Mix everything thoroughly so that there are no lumps, and pour into boiling milk.
- Milk gravy will begin to thicken: it must be constantly stirred so that it does not burn.
- Boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add half a teaspoon of vanilla sugar. When the gravy has cooled, you can water the cherry strudel with it.
Strudel can have a wide variety of fillings, which you can learn about on the site "I like to cook."