Last year I made chocolate hearts for my beloved on February 14th. I learned how to make them by watching a video on YouTube. And what do you think? This year I thought to surprise with something else, and he asks for hearts. Well, I can’t refuse, especially as the recipe is simple, I’m running to cook. But first I will share with you, maybe you will please your loved ones with such a treat!
- chocolate - 200 grams;
- sour cream - 300 grams;
- sugar - 50 grams;
- gelatin - 15 grams;
- vanilla sugar - 10 grams;
- sponge cake (you can roll) - 100 grams.
- Silicone molds and brush.
Chocolate heart. Step by step recipe
- Pour gelatin with cold boiled water (50 grams of water will be enough). Leave for a while to swell.
- While the gelatin swells, melt the chocolate in a steam bath. To do this, pour a small amount of water into the pan, put a bowl of chocolate on top (break it into pieces beforehand) so that it does not come into contact with water. This will help us to avoid delamination of chocolate, because the temperature of the steam is much lower than the temperature of the water.
- With melted chocolate, use a silicone brush to lubricate the silicone molds. Do not spare the chocolate, grease generously.
- Grease all the hearts and put in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the mold from the freezer, warm the chocolate in a bowl a little with steam if it has thickened, and apply the second layer in the same way. Return to the freezer again at the same time.
- Mix sour cream with vanilla and regular sugar. Cut the biscuit into small squares.
- Put the gelatin on a small fire and heat a little.
- While warm, add gelatin to sour cream, mix.
- Remove the chocolate hearts from the freezer and add one tablespoon of sour cream to the hearts.
- Then put the sliced biscuit and completely fill the heart with sour cream.
- Put the dessert in the refrigerator until the jelly has completely set.
- Gently, slightly stretching the form, remove the chocolate hearts. If you get it badly, help with a little knife.
- Melt the remaining chocolate again in the steam bath, let it cool slightly. Do not apply hot chocolate on jelly.
- Brush with chocolate with a brush the untreated side of the cake where there is jelly, and put in the refrigerator to freeze the chocolate.
Instead of a biscuit, you can add what you love to this recipe. This year I’ll try to add strawberries, and you can please your beloved with hearts with a cherry. This is delicious! And most importantly - no need to bake. You will succeed. Cook with us on "I love to cook." Please your loved ones on this wonderful holiday with heart cookies or valentine cookies!