Today, along with “I love to cook,” we present to your attention choux pastry for eclairs. Milk dough is prepared simply and easily. On the basis of this test you can bake sweets such as eclairs, profiteroles - and many, many more delicious ones. I want to tell you that eclairs made from such a dough are just super. They are so gentle - melt in your mouth. I suggest you bake and evaluate. Tastier custard dough than cooked according to this recipe, you have not tried.
for choux pastry:
- 250 milliliters of liquid;
- 160 grams of flour;
- 100 grams of butter;
- a pinch of salt;
- a pinch of sugar;
- four chicken eggs.
- 500 milliliters of milk;
- 160 grams of sugar;
- three chicken yolks;
- 45 grams of corn starch;
- 150 oily cream;
Choux pastry for eclairs. Step by step recipe
- To prepare a classic custard dough, we need 250 milliliters of liquid (I take half of the milk and half of the water).
- Pour 125 milliliters of water and the same amount of milk into the pan, add a pinch of salt and sugar, butter.
- Put the pan on a small fire and, stirring constantly, bring the contents of the pan to a boil.
- Sift flour for the test beforehand.
- Remove the pan with the boiling mass from the heat, add 160 grams of sifted flour (160 grams = incomplete glass) and knead the dough with a silicone spatula.
- When the custard dough has gathered in a lump and becomes homogeneous, then put the pan with the dough on the stove on a small fire, gradually stirring (for about 2-3 minutes).
- In the cooled dough for eclairs, add one egg each and mix well (I knead the dough manually, but you can use a mixer, only use the spatula nozzle, not the whisk).
- Tip: if your eggs are not large, then you may need five, not four. The test for eclairs should not be too thick, but also liquid too. Much depends on the type of flour that you use for the batch.
- Chopped dough for eclairs in a pastry bag.
- Take a baking sheet, cover it with baking paper and set off the eclairs (how long to make eclairs is up to you, but I like not very small ones).
- Moisten the fork in a beaten egg and make a groove along the eclair.
- Bake in a preheated oven to 180 degrees for 30 minutes.
Now I’ll tell you step by step how to prepare an incredibly delicious cream for classic eclairs.
- Combine milk with half sugar and bring to a boil.
- Pour the second half of sugar into yolks, add starch and mix with a fork until smooth.
- Pour hot milk into the eggs in a thin stream (just do not forget: when we pour the milk, then constantly stir the egg mixture).
- Send milk with eggs again to a small fire and, with constant stirring, boil the cream until thickened.
- Then remove from heat, add vanilla extract (pod) and mix until smooth.
- Cover the custard with cling film and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- When the cream has cooled, then combine it with whipped cream and mix until smooth.
- Start eclairs with cream using a pastry bag.
I admit honestly that when I first cooked choux pastry, I was very worried that suddenly something would not work. But in vain! Preparing the dough is quick and easy.
Such a sweet will perfectly decorate the festive table and will pleasantly surprise others.
Cook with “I love to cook” - everything is delicious here.