Today we will prepare a delicious dessert: a classic chocolate biscuit. It is very tender, magnificent, soft - each piece just melts in your mouth. You can use an airy classic biscuit as a basis for cakes: their taste will vary depending on the cream, decoration and impregnation. Many people ask: how to make a chocolate biscuit so that it tastes good? The most important thing is to carefully and correctly choose all the ingredients and strictly follow the step-by-step recipe.
- eggs - 6 pieces;
- a pinch of salt;
- sugar - 6 tablespoons (with a slide);
- flour - 6 tablespoons;
- butter - optional;
- cocoa - 3 tablespoons;
- baking powder - 1 teaspoon.
Classic chocolate sponge cake. Step by step recipe
- We take 6 eggs at room temperature and separate them: in one container - protein, in another - yolk.
- Add a pinch of salt to the protein and begin to whisk. First, beat at a slow speed, then increase. Beat the protein until a thick foam forms.
- Beat the yolks for about 1 minute without adding sugar. As soon as the yolks are beaten, they should lighten and increase in volume.
- Add 3 tablespoons of sugar (with a hill) to protein and yolk. Beat both substances for about 3-4 minutes until a thick foam forms. Please note: sugar in the yolks may not completely dissolve, but this is not scary.
- We combine both mixtures and mix the yolks with proteins with a mixer at a low speed. If you beat at maximum speed, the protein may fall, so it will be better to mix at low speed.
- After whipping, add vanilla (you can also add vanilla sugar or vanilla essence).
- Now add 6 full tablespoons of flour, 2.5-3 tablespoons of cocoa and baking powder (if you want the biscuit to become more airy). Mix everything and sift through a sieve.
- Gently stir with a spatula in one direction so that the proteins do not fall. We mix until the dough is completely coffee color, without white. After stirring, our mass will settle, however, it will be magnificent and elastic. Be sure to mix with a spatula - silicone or wooden. In no case should you stir with a spoon.
- We take butter: for 6 eggs we need 1 tablespoon. Melt the butter in the microwave (it should not be very hot).
- In a separate bowl we take literally a spoonful of our chocolate biscuit dough and add butter there.
- Mix everything first in a small bowl, add to the total mass and mix again. Do not add oil immediately to the total capacity, because in this case we will mix the biscuit dough for a long time and part of the biscuit will settle. Also note: if you do not add oil, then the sponge cake will be classic dry. But, if you add a little oil, it’s something like a creamy biscuit.
- Now is the time to fill our biscuit dough into a mold. I draw your attention to the fact that you can take any shape - the main thing is that the diameter matches the number of products. For example: we prepare a delicate chocolate sponge cake for 6 eggs, so our shape should be about 24 centimeters in diameter. If you take the standard form, 28 centimeters, then the biscuit will be low.
- We cover the bottom of the form with parchment paper (if it is missing, then you can sprinkle with flour or grease with oil). We do not lubricate the sides, in any case, because in this case the biscuit will rise poorly!
- Pour our dough into a mold and send it to a hot oven (preheated to 180 degrees) for 20-25 minutes.
- We take out the dough and check the readiness with a toothpick. If it remains dry, then the biscuit is ready, if the toothpick is wet, then you need to leave it in the oven for a few more minutes. Many people ask about what level the biscuit needs to be baked on: it needs to be baked on level 2-3 / row (starting from the bottom).
- After taking the chocolate biscuit out of the oven, we carefully pass the knife along the edges so that they become free from form, and we take it out. Leave for several hours to cool. Tip: if the top of the cake turned out to be a slide, then in order for it to become flat, it must be turned on a flat surface.
If you made a chocolate biscuit with a baking powder, it will be about 3.5-4 centimeters high, and the dough inside will become more airy and porous. Without a baking powder, the biscuit will be about 2.5-3 centimeters in height, and inside it will be more dense. But despite these differences, chocolate biscuits at home are soft and insanely tasty. I draw your attention: when cooking a biscuit in a slow cooker, the cake rises about 2 centimeters higher.
Chocolate sponge cake is perfect for tea. It turned out soft, lush and literally melts in your mouth. You can serve it to the table without any additives or cut into parts and grease with any delicious cream. In any case, anyone who tastes it at least once will like a classic biscuit. The site "I love to cook" wishes you a pleasant tea party and good mood! And pay attention to the preparation of French apple tarte taten and Zebra pie.