I went to the village with my relatives, and they, knowing about my love of cooking, asked me to cook a classic honey cake with sour cream. It seems to me that I found the perfect recipe for this cake, having studied a lot of books. The honey cake with dried apricots and prunes is so tasty that I am ready to forgive him even the extra pounds. I want to share with you a simple recipe for making a homemade honey cake with sour cream. Let's get started ?!
- flour - 300 grams;
- sugar - 150 grams;
- kefir - 250 milliliters;
- honey - 1 tablespoon (with a slide);
- eggs - 2 pieces;
- vanilla sugar - 1 sachet;
- baking powder - 2 teaspoons;
- soda - 0.25 teaspoon.
- sour cream - 500 grams;
- icing sugar - 150 grams;
- prunes - 150 grams;
- dried apricots - 150 grams;
- walnuts (if you want) - 150 grams.
Classic honey cake with sour cream. Step by step recipe
- Add sugar and two eggs to the washed bowl. Beat it with a mixer until a lush mass is formed, which should lighten.
- Add a bag of vanilla sugar, the right amount of kefir and liquid honey. Tip: if you have only thick honey at home, you can melt it in the microwave.
- Then pour in flour, baking powder and soda. Mix all the ingredients with a mixer until the dough darkens a little.
- We take a shape with a diameter of 24 centimeters and put parchment paper on the bottom.
- We grease the bottom and walls of our form with butter.
- Put the dough in a mold and send it to the oven, preheated to 180 degrees. Bake the cake for about 30-35 minutes.
- We check the readiness of the cake with a toothpick: if the dough is sticky, then you need to put it back in the oven for a short time, if the toothpick is dry, then boldly remove it and leave to cool.
- While our cakes are cooling, prepare sour cream for honey. Please note: sour cream must be laid out in advance in cheesecloth, folded in 2-3 layers, and put in a colander. It should stand for about 2-4 hours. The fat content of sour cream should be 25%.
- We spread the sour cream in a bowl, add the icing sugar there and beat it all with a mixer - until a lush mass is formed.
- From the cooled cake, cut off the top and finely chop. This will be our baby for decoration.
- Cut the cake into two equal parts: grease the bottom cake with cream and put dried apricots and prunes cut into pieces on it. Also, if desired, you can add walnuts.
- Cover with the upper half of the cake and grease with cream.
- Sprinkle the sides of the classic cake with crumbs and decorate the remaining dried fruits on top.
- We leave the finished cake to stand for a couple of hours: for impregnation.
As you have already noticed, the classic sour cream honey is easy and whip up. Homemade honey cake tastes very similar to a sour cream, the recipe of which can also be viewed on our site "I like to cook." As soon as your family and friends try this classic homemade honey cake, you will immediately fall in love with its unique taste and will be asked to cook it more often. Please your loved ones - and cook with us!