Once I was lucky to visit my friend’s grandmother, who treated us to tea with custard “Daniela” cakes. I could hardly restrain myself to stay on the third little thing. Delicious custard cakes were hiding under the clouds of cream, and on top, as on a feather bed, lay a ripe strawberry. This is a jumble! At that moment, I promised myself that I would definitely learn how to cook such home-made custard cakes. Grandma willingly shared a simple recipe, and I'm sharing with you.
- cow's milk - 0.25 liters;
- butter - eighty grams;
- premium wheat flour - 180 grams;
- five eggs;
- salt - one pinch.
- fat cream (not less than 30%) - 0.4 liters;
- sugar sand - 180 grams;
- vanilla sugar - 10 grams;
- kiwi - 2 pieces;
- fresh strawberries - 20 pieces.
Custard cakes "Daniela". Step by step recipe
- We put the stewpan or pan on the stove, pour fresh milk, throw a pinch of salt, 80 grams of butter and let it boil. The oil should melt completely.
- Pour wheat flour into a boiling milk-butter mixture and knead thoroughly until the dough is gathered in a lump and begins to stick from the pan.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the dough cool slightly (a few minutes).
- Then, one by one, we introduce two eggs into the dough. Knead the dough all the time well with a wooden spoon. To facilitate and speed up this process, you can use a dough mixer.
- When the mass becomes uniform, send it to the refrigerator for 10 minutes - to cool.
- Then, with constant stirring, add three more eggs.
- The pastry for custard cakes should not be too thick, viscous and smooth.
- Grease a baking tray for baking home-made custard cakes with butter.
- We spread the dough in a pastry bag with a thin nozzle.
- We place small cakes in the form of snails on a baking sheet. From this amount of ingredients, I get 20 custard cakes.
- We send, to the oven preheated to 200 degrees, bake for 30 minutes.
- After this time, do not rush to immediately remove the pan. In this case, the cakes will settle. It is necessary to open the oven door and leave the cakes for another 5-7 minutes.
- Then we take out the cakes and give time to cool completely.
- In the meantime, we’ll start making the cream.
- Pour cream into a deep bowl, add vanilla sugar, granulated sugar and beat with a mixer until a very lush and fairly dense cream is obtained.
- We transfer the cream into a pastry bag and cover them with custard cakes.
- We decorate each cake with strawberries and a slice of kiwi. If desired, other berries can be used: for example, raspberries, black currants.
Delicious custard cakes "Daniela" are ready to eat. Traditionally, they are served with tea or aromatic coffee. Despite the simple recipe, the cakes are very tender, light, moderately sweet. The team of the site “I Love Cooking” wishes you a pleasant appetite.