What a lot of delicious Easter cake recipes, but still cooked according to GOST, is simply incomparable. It has a perfectly matched proportion of all products: the dough turns out to be very tender and, at the same time, rich and tasty. My mother taught him how to cook, since she worked as a pastry chef in those days. And now I decided on holiday days to share with you on “I like to cook” a proven recipe for a delicious creamy cake made in accordance with GOST.
- butter - 100 grams;
- flour - 350 grams;
- milk - 120-150 milliliters;
- dry yeast - 5 grams (for replacement pressed - 15 grams);
- salt - 0.25 teaspoon;
- sugar - 120 grams;
- vanillin - 1 gram;
- eggs - 2 pieces;
- raisins - 30 grams;
- candied fruit - 15-20 grams.
- icing sugar - 125 grams;
- egg - 1 piece;
- lemon juice - 1 tablespoon;
- colored sugar sprinkles - optional.
Delicious and tender Easter cake in accordance with GOST. Step by step recipe
- We prepare the products: sift the flour, heat the milk to 37-40 degrees (a little warmer than the palm).
- Prepare the dough: half the whole flour is combined with dry yeast, mix. Add 120 grams of milk in small portions and knead the dough. It will turn out quite dense. Knead for about two minutes, round into a lump, transfer to a bowl, cover with cling film and put in a warm place for 2-3 hours. A suitable dough will increase approximately 2.5 times and become soft.
- Dry yeast can be replaced with pressed yeast: in this case, they are first bred in warm milk, and then combined with flour.
- Beat the eggs slightly, without turning off the mixer, add salt, vanillin and sugar in small portions. We bring everything to a whitened foam - the mass is slightly condensed and will stretch with a ribbon behind the whisk of the mixer.
- Separately, beat the softened butter until splendid.
- All this is done in order to saturate all the ingredients with air as much as possible, and they, in turn, will make the dough more airy and tender.
- We combine the remaining flour with a dough (for convenience, tear it into small particles, with a diameter of 1-2 centimeters), pour in the egg mixture and begin to knead a very soft, sticky dough. If necessary, add up to 30 grams of milk. Your dough should turn out average: between liquid and soft - it will stick to your hands, stretch with an elastic band.
- This dough must be kneaded to a uniform elastic consistency. Therefore, for convenience, you can put it on a clean, dry (without flour) surface. Or, as I do, continue to knead in a bowl.
- At the beginning, the dough will be very sticky, wet, you may think that it is not possible to knead it. Do not worry: this is how it should be. Keep kneading, helping to scrape everything together with a scraper or spatula.
- To knead such a dough, many people offer the French method: grab the mass with your hands and pull yourself (stretching), cover the part that remained on the table with the resulting sheet, turn the dough, then stretch again, cover - and so on. For beginners, I will share my method: with your hand, knock up the dough from the bottom up (imagine how you beat an omelet with an ordinary fork: only you have a hand and dough). Gradually rotate the bowl in a circle so that the whole dough mixes well.
- When the mass begins to gather in one lump (after about 5-7 minutes), add the beaten butter in small portions and continue kneading for about 15 minutes, until the soft, tender dough begins to lag behind the hands. If you are preparing an enlarged portion of Easter cake, then the time for kneading will also increase slightly.
- We sprinkle a clean bowl with vegetable oil, put the dough into it, slightly round it, giving a beautiful smooth surface. We cover it with cling film or a linen towel and again put it in a warm place for 2-3 hours.
- To provide it with the right temperature, I pour warm (not hot) water into a large bowl and put the dishes with the dough into it (make sure that the water does not go up on horseback).
- Wash raisins under running water, dry, cut into small pieces together with candied fruit. You can take more of these ingredients: only they will make the dough heavier and pull it down, upset.
- From myself: you can add a little flour to candied fruits and raisins and mix. We need dried fruits only to be slightly enveloped - this will prevent them from settling so much.
- We combine the dough with raisins and candied fruits, mix everything well.
- So that the top of the Easter cake has a beautiful smooth shape, the dough must be rounded. To do this, grease a flat plate with vegetable oil, put the dough on it and pick up the edges to the center. After we turn it over, transfer it to the greased form with oil - smooth side up. Fill out the form by ⅓ part so that there is a place to grow Easter cake.
- Leave the dough to fit in the form for about another 2 hours. It should increase by 1.5-2 times.
- Please note: the more the dough increases, the Easter cake will turn out softer and more tender: but at the same time, the more likely that the pastry settles during baking.
- In the remaining egg, we separate the yolk from the protein. Rub the yolk slightly until smooth and gently grease the tops of the Easter cakes with it.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180-200 degrees for 40-60 minutes: depending on the size of the mold. To check readiness, pierce with a wooden skewer in 2-3 places.
- If you have small Easter cakes, then we leave them in shape until they cool slightly, and after we take them out, this is so that they do not lose their beautiful shape. Large Easter cakes are recommended to be cooled on a pillow, periodically turning over so that they do not wrinkle.
- To prepare the glaze, beat the protein with 125 grams of icing sugar (I take less), add lemon juice, bring to a beautiful white mass.
- Dip the cooled cakes in the icing and immediately sprinkle with pastry topping.
Cream cakes made in accordance with GOST - ready! They turned out to be tender, airy, sweet, with many delicious dried fruits and candied fruits - an overeating! The dough is well kneaded, so it does not crumble, it just melts in your mouth! Join us on “I Love Cooking”: we have only the best step-by-step recipes for delicious Easter cakes that are easy to prepare at home!
Enjoy your meal!