I have already introduced you to the pie I fell in love with in France, but I still don’t have any delicious buns. True, I never ate such delicious buns! Delicious, delicate, tasty, with the scent of vanilla and dried apricots. The buns turn out very beautiful, one look of which is worth it. And how to cook them, I will tell you in detail!
puff yeast dough:
- flour - 3 cups (a glass of 250 milliliters);
- butter - 300 grams;
- yeast - 20 grams;
- milk - 130 milliliters;
- water - 85 milliliters;
- egg - 1 piece;
- salt - 1 teaspoon;
- sugar - 3 teaspoons.
- egg - 2 pieces;
- sugar - 100 grams;
- flour - 1.5 tablespoons;
- potato starch - 1.5 tablespoons;
- milk - 0.5 liters.
- apricot jam - 100 grams;
- dried apricots - 150 grams.
Delicious buns from France. Step by step recipe
- Prepare the dough: dilute the yeast in warm water with one teaspoon of sugar. Leave the resulting mixture in a warm place until foam appears.
- Add milk, egg to the bubbly mixture and mix gently, no need to beat.
- Add sugar and salt to the sifted flour, mix. Now chilled butter, chop with a knife along with flour.
- Into a mixture of butter and flour, introduce the yeast mixture and knead the dough. Do not knead for a long time. The dough should turn out slightly buttery. Wrap the dough in cling film and refrigerate for at least an hour. You can, of course, prepare such a dough in advance and only thaw it for making buns. I didn’t make a purchase, I think if there’s absolutely no time, this is also an option.
- Cooking custard: in a separate bowl, beat the eggs with sugar until lush. Pour the milk into a saucepan and heat a little.
- Add flour and starch to the eggs, and slowly pour the warm milk.
- We put the mass that turned out on fire, and cook, stirring constantly, until the first bubbles. At the end, add vanilla, turn off the heat and cool the cream.
- Cut dried apricots into cubes, pour warm water and leave for 20 minutes, then strain the water.
- Sprinkle the table with flour and roll the dough into a rectangle. Put a layer of cream on top and sprinkle with dried apricots.
- Roll the dough roll, then cut it into rings.
- Put the resulting rings on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Flatten the buns lightly with your hand and brush on the egg and the remaining cream.
- Bake in the oven at a temperature of 180 ° C for 20-25 minutes.
- Lubricate the finished buns with apricot jam. Or sugar syrup (100 grams of sugar per 100 grams of water).
At first glance, it might seem like a rather time-consuming process, but believe me, these delicious buns are worth the time spent on them. Enjoy your meal! Cook with “Very tasty”, everything is delicious with us! Pay attention to the preparation of the most delicious buns and fragrant cinnamon rolls.