A delicious chicken salad with potatoes is a win-win option for any holiday: it is the first to disappear from the table and all guests like it. Crispy, tender potatoes, golden chicken, fresh juicy cucumber - and that's all in one salad. The plug can be swallowed! Such a beautiful chicken salad in layers will give odds to many already bored salads: so be sure to try to cook it at home - the result will pleasantly surprise you. The original beautiful salad can be made from simple products and served as a royal dish. In my cookbook, he has already taken his place of honor. I hasten to share with you!
- potato pie - 150 grams;
- fresh cucumber - 150 grams;
- boiled eggs - 2 pieces;
- chicken fillet (fried) - 150 grams;
- hard cheese - 150 grams;
- green onions - one bunch;
- mayonnaise (for greasing layers of salad).
Tasty chicken salad with potatoes. Step by step recipe
- I want to say right away that this is a layered salad, and we will lay out all the ingredients in layers. Also, before proceeding with the assembly of the salad, we need to pre-prepare the ingredients.
- The first thing we need is a potato pie (grated and fried potato in vegetable oil). Well, very tasty, even as an independent dish! I always cook it in double quantity: since my boys can’t wait for the ready-made salad, they start to eat it from the potato pie.
- Tip: to cook potatoes pie, we need potatoes, vegetable oil, salt. Peel the potatoes and grate Korean carrots on a grater (we need thin long strips). Then we wash it in water and throw it in a colander. Pour a large amount of vegetable oil into the stewpan and heat it up a lot. Throw grated potatoes in portions into boiling oil and fry until golden brown (only a couple of minutes!). We take out the finished potatoes with a slotted spoon and put them on a paper towel to absorb excess oil. Salt to taste.
- You can find more detailed step-by-step instructions on how to cook such potatoes at home on the site “I like to cook”.
- It is also necessary to fry in a pan pieces of chicken fillet in advance. Fry chicken until a crispy golden crust is formed.
- We take a beautiful salad bowl with large sides and begin to collect our delicious salad with chicken.
- At the bottom of the salad bowl, lay out a layer of potato pie (only half the serving).
- Then we wash the fresh cucumbers well, dry them with a kitchen towel and cut into small cubes. Spread half a serving on potatoes.
- We grate hard cheese on a fine grater and sprinkle (a third of a serving) on top of cucumbers.
- Then spread half the fried chicken fillet.
- On top, grate one hard-boiled chicken egg.
- Wash the green onions and finely chop. Sprinkle a small amount over the egg and grease with mayonnaise.
- Tip: I do not like a large amount of mayonnaise in salads, so I prefer to make a small net of mayonnaise. And also, it is best to use homemade mayonnaise. You can look at various methods of making mayonnaise at home on the site “I like to cook.”
- Next, repeat the layers of our beautiful chicken salad.
- Spread the remaining potato pie.
- Then chopped fresh cucumber.
- Grated hard cheese.
- Sliced fried chicken fillet.
- Grate the boiled egg.
- Lubricate with mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped green onions and grated cheese.
That's all! Try and enjoy the great taste of this beautiful chicken salad. Now you have a wonderful salad recipe with chicken and potatoes for any occasion. It does not take long to prepare, but is eaten even faster - it is, indeed, very tasty. The “I love to cook" team wishes you a pleasant appetite.