Very soon my mother has a birthday, and I decided to make a delicious chocolate roll with custard - because she loves him so much! This stunning homemade meatloaf will not leave anyone indifferent, and the taste is so perfect that you will not notice how to eat much more pieces than you planned. And believe me - this indecently delicious dessert can be forgiven for anything.
- eggs - 3 pieces;
- sugar - 80 grams;
- cocoa - 20 grams;
- flour - 60 grams;
- powdered sugar;
- butter (for lubrication).
- eggs - 1 piece (yolk);
- sugar - 40 grams;
- milk - 150 milliliters;
- flour - 15 grams;
- chocolate - 45 grams;
- vanilla sugar - 4 grams;
- butter - 100 grams.
- tea or coffee (with sugar) - 100 milliliters;
- sugar - 4 tablespoons;
- water - 30 milliliters;
- sour cream - 2 tablespoons;
- cocoa - 3 tablespoons;
- butter - 60 grams;
- gelatin - 1 teaspoon.
Delicious chocolate roll with custard. Step by step recipe
First, we’ll prepare a custard for roll.
- Add vanilla and regular sugar to one egg yolk.
- Rub it with a whisk to a white mass.
- To make the mixture liquid, add a little milk.
- Mix and add flour.
- Stir until smooth.
- The remaining milk is poured into a saucepan and heated almost to a boil.
- Pour warmed milk in small portions into a mixture of yolk and stir until a white, homogeneous mass.
- Pour into a saucepan and cook until thickened: about 5 minutes, constantly stirring with a whisk.
- Remove from the stove and add the pieces of chocolate, stirring well so that the pieces melt. I used milk chocolate, but you can take both milk and dark chocolate.
- We cover with cling film: it is necessary that it fits tightly on the cream.
- Leave to cool: the cream should be at room temperature.
- We take out the butter from the refrigerator and leave it to become at room temperature too.
When the custard with butter will be the same temperature, you can start cooking the biscuit.
- We cover the baking sheet with parchment paper and make the sides. Our biscuit should turn out to be about 29 by 30 centimeters in size: but no more.
- Grease the paper with butter.
- Drive eggs into a bowl and put sugar.
- Tip: before you drive eggs into a common bowl, it’s better to drive them in a separate plate in order. Since a slightly spoiled egg can get caught and so that all the eggs in the bowl do not deteriorate, it is better to play it safe.
- Beat with a mixer for about 13 minutes. The mass should triple in volume, become white and magnificent, and traces from the corolla should remain on the surface.
- Mix flour with cocoa.
- In several visits, sift it into beaten eggs.
- Mix thoroughly from the bottom up.
- At the end add water and mix lightly.
- We spread the dough on parchment paper and level it.
- We put in the oven preheated to 180 degrees for 12 minutes.
- If a classic biscuit is baked on an average level oven, then chocolate must be baked one level higher. The most important thing is that the biscuit is not overdried! Bake no more than 13 minutes: if you are not sure of the readiness, then, as always, a toothpick will come to the rescue. If it is dry, then the baking is ready.
- We cover the table with parchment paper and sprinkle with powdered sugar all around the perimeter. If there is no powder, then you can sprinkle with small sugar.
- Soak a clean towel in cold water.
- Without removing the paper from the biscuit, we transfer it to the dusted paper.
- Cover with a damp towel.
- Leave the chocolate biscuit to cool completely (or for 20 minutes).
- Butter at room temperature and cut into pieces, put in a bowl, where we will beat.
- Beat 7 minutes until light color and splendor.
- One tablespoon add custard to the oil and continue to whisk.
- Remove the cream in the refrigerator.
- Soak the cooled sponge cake with sweet coffee or tea. I prefer to soak coffee, as coffee notes are added to the main taste and it turns out incredibly tasty.
- We get the chocolate custard from the refrigerator and put it on the biscuit. On the one hand, the cream layer should be thicker, and on the other - thinner, not reaching the edge by 2 centimeters.
- Using the bottom sheet of paper, we roll up our delicious roll.
- We wrap the roll in the same parchment paper and put it in the refrigerator for 4 hours. While the roll is in the refrigerator, the custard becomes more dense.
While the chocolate custard roll cools in the refrigerator, we cook the icing. You can sprinkle chocolate roll with powder or cocoa on top, but, in my opinion, the icing is much tastier and brighter.
- We take gelatin and fill it with water.
- Fill and leave to swell.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add sour cream, sugar and cocoa to it.
- Mix and put on the stove.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the stove and immediately add the gelatin.
- Stir until smooth and leave to cool.
We return to our roll.
- We take the chocolate baking from the refrigerator and cut a little on both sides to even out.
- We cover the flat plate with parchment paper so that later it can be carefully removed.
- We shift the home roll on top and cover with a cooled icing.
- From baking we get parchment paper.
- Decorate with nuts on top: they must first be fried and chopped. For an hour, remove the finished roll in the refrigerator.
So we prepared a roll with chocolate filling, which turned out to have an incredibly rich chocolate flavor, sweet, but not sugary, and with an amazingly tasty cream. This delicacy can be prepared both for the arrival of guests, or simply on a normal day, to brighten it up with a magnificent roll. Baking will give you true pleasure, and your family will continue to ask you to cook this masterpiece more often. "I love to cook" wishes you a pleasant appetite!