I propose making delicious donuts from Soviet childhood. Funky and very tender donuts made from yeast dough, sprinkled with powdered sugar: their taste transfers to childhood, to the parent's house. This is the perfect dessert for a family tea party. Donuts turn out very airy, fragrant, it is impossible to tear themselves away from them. There is nothing complicated in the preparation of this delicacy - this is an easy recipe: but the result will undoubtedly delight your loved ones with its excellent taste.
- sugar - 50 grams;
- warm water - 300 milliliters;
- flour - 500 grams;
- egg - 1 piece;
- butter - 25 grams;
- dry yeast - 4-5 grams or fresh - 15 grams;
- vegetable oil;
- salt - 1 incomplete teaspoon;
- powdered sugar for sprinkling.
Delicious donuts from Soviet childhood. Step by step recipe
- First, prepare the yeast: if it is fresh yeast, then you need to crumble it, dry it just pour it out, add a little warm water (add so that the yeast is covered with water) and stir so that it dissolves completely.
- Sift 2-3 tablespoons of flour into a yeast bowl, add a little sugar (half a teaspoon, without a hill) and mix: the dough is obtained by consistency similar to dough for fritters. The density of the dough can be adjusted with flour.
- If there are lumps in the test, then this is not scary: they will then disperse. Cover the dough with a lid or plate, leave in a warm place for about twenty minutes. The dough should increase slightly in volume.
- In the remaining water according to the recipe, add salt with sugar and stir so that they dissolve.
- Pour salt solution with sugar into the dough, and mix well.
- Drive the egg into a bowl, beat with a fork or whisk, and add to the dough. Mix everything thoroughly.
- In a mixed homogeneous mass, gradually add the sifted flour.
- When all the flour necessary for the recipe is added to the dough, it needs to be well kneaded: by consistency it turns out to be soft and sticky.
- Next, melt the butter and add to the dough (butter should not be hot). To mix everything.
- We spread the dough on a dry work surface without flour, and grease the bowl in which the dough was a little with vegetable oil.
- It’s most convenient to knead soft dough using French technology: pick up the dough, pull it out, fold it, turn it over and pick it up again, draw it out, fold it in, turn it over (this way, take about five or seven minutes).
- Tip. You can knead the dough at your convenience: the main thing is that the dough is kneaded evenly. To prevent the dough from sticking to the work surface, you can use a scraper.
- As a result of kneading, the dough is soft, vibrant and mobile. The dough is a bit sticky, but it easily falls behind and leaves no residue on either the hands or the table.
- Put the mixed dough in a bowl, a little greased with vegetable oil. Grease the hands with vegetable oil and round the dough: collect the edges of the dough to the center, as if twisting them. It turns out a beautiful smooth ball of dough.
- The dough must be covered with cling film and left warm to rise. After about an hour and a half, the dough should increase in volume.
- If there is time, then the dough that has come up can be kneaded again and allowed to rise a second time. Cover the dough for the second time with cling film and put in a warm place: for about an hour.
- Grease the desktop with vegetable oil, lay out the dough and divide it, depending on the desired size of the donuts (while doing this, try not to knead the dough much).
- Pieces of dough are very gently round: so that they do not stick to your hands, they can be lubricated with vegetable oil. Cover rounded pieces of dough with cling film greased with vegetable oil and leave for about twenty minutes.
- Further: in each piece of dough we make a hole and very delicately stretch the dough.
- Pour vegetable oil into the pan so that the donut floats freely: the oil level should reach about the middle of the donut (this is a layer about two centimeters away: it all depends on the size of your donuts).
- Put the donuts in the heated oil, fry on both sides until golden, golden brown.
- Tip. Spread the fried donuts on a paper towel to remove excess vegetable oil.
- Sprinkle the finished donuts with powdered sugar.
Donuts are very tasty, just melting in your mouth. Ready-made donuts can be sprinkled with powdered sugar, pour over icing, chocolate, honey. When serving, add jam, jams and condensed milk. I really love this treat. On the site “Very tasty” you can find other delicious recipes.