Dear culinary experts, I’m eager to share with you a recipe for delicious caramel donuts in syrup. This simple Greek dessert is loved by many because of its amazing taste and ease of preparation. Miniature magnificent donuts in sweet syrup, and even with honey notes - just melt in your mouth. It’s impossible to break away from them! Let's learn how to cook such delicious donuts at home together.
- wheat flour - 0.350 kilograms;
- salt - 4 grams;
- one tablespoon of natural honey (sugar can be);
- dry quick-acting yeast - seven grams;
- water - 350 milliliters.
For syrup we need:
- water - 50 milliliters;
- granulated sugar - one hundred grams;
- lemon juice - 15 milliliters;
- one tablespoon of honey;
- cinnamon, sesame seeds - according to your taste and desire.
And also: sunflower oil (600-900 grams) for frying donuts.
Delicious lucumadez donuts in syrup. Step by step recipe
- Sift the premium wheat flour through a sieve into a bowl for kneading dough. Thanks to sifting, the flour is enriched with oxygen, and donuts are especially airy.
- Then add salt, high-speed yeast, natural honey. If for some reason you do not consume honey, then it can be replaced with sugar.
- Gradually add water at room temperature and knead the dough. Knead the dough thoroughly with a whisk until smooth. The dough for magnificent donuts on yeast turns out liquid.
- Cover the bowl with the dough with a lid or cling film and leave it in a warm place for 30 minutes. During this time, the dough should rise.
- Meanwhile, prepare syrup for our sweet donuts.
- Pour sugar into the stewpan, measure the water, and boil the syrup for 5 minutes.
- Remove the stewpan from the fire.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon and send it to the syrup. Mix. We give the syrup time to cool.
- When the syrup has cooled, add honey to it, and mix thoroughly. Honey should be completely dissolved.
- We return to the bowl with the yeast dough: during this time it rose perfectly. Lightly crush it with a spoon.
- Pour a lot of vegetable oil into a deep pan or stewpan (I use refined sunflower oil) and heat it well.
- Dip a small spoon (it is best to use a teaspoon) in sunflower oil, and then scoop out a little dough from a bowl.
- Put the balls of dough in a pan with hot oil, fry them on all sides (with periodic stirring) until a golden crust appears. Donuts should float freely in oil and not touch the bottom.
- We take out the finished donuts from the lucumade with a slotted spoon and put it on a plate covered with a paper towel.
- While the donuts are hot, dip them in sweet syrup and put them on a serving plate.
- Sprinkle donuts with ground cinnamon and sesame seeds.
So we learned how to easily and quickly cook donuts lucumadez in syrup. Make tea or coffee and enjoy a wonderful dessert - it is very tasty. The team of the site “Very tasty” wishes you a pleasant appetite.