For busy housewives who are sorely lacking time, I want to share a very simple, fast (I call it lazy) but insanely delicious recipe for Easter cakes. To taste, tenderness and splendor, they are not inferior to a drop of classic, which require significant your participation. Only 30-40 minutes to prepare, and the rest of the dough will do itself. Believe me, I was shocked at how easy it is to make them when I first cooked last year for Easter. And all the guests liked the lazy cakes so much that I was tired of dictating to everyone this delicious and simple recipe. Therefore, I decided to immediately share it on "I like to cook." Join now!
- raisins - 100 grams;
- cranberries - 50 grams;
- dried cherry - 50 grams;
- candied fruits - 100 grams;
- rum or cognac - 20 milliliters (optional);
- flour - 600 grams;
- sugar - 150 grams;
- vanilla sugar - 10 grams;
- pressed yeast - 20-25 grams (to replace 8 grams of dry);
- lemon - 1 piece;
- eggs - 3 pieces;
- water - 170 milliliters;
- honey - 1.5 tablespoons;
- salt - 0.25 teaspoon;
- butter - 200 grams.
Lazy Easter cakes. Step by step recipe
- We prepare dried fruits in advance: pour raisins, cranberries and cherries with boiling water and leave them to swell for an hour. After decanting the water, fill the berries with cognac or rum, mix well and leave for at least another 20-30 minutes. During baking, alcohol evaporates, but a very pleasant, interesting aroma remains. However, if you are planning to make Easter cakes for children, then exclude this ingredient.
- From a medium lemon, grate the zest on a fine grater. Please note: we capture only the upper bright layer of the skin, as the white part gives bitterness.
- In order for the flour to be enriched with oxygen as much as possible, and the cakes turned out to be incredibly soft and airy, it needs to be sifted 2 times.
- In a deep bowl we combine flour, sugar, vanilla sugar or vanillin, fresh pressed yeast (finely crumble them), lemon zest and mix everything.
- Separately combine room temperature eggs, warm boiled water (approximately 40 degrees) and honey. Whisk with a mixer until tender, airy foam.
- Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture and knead in a food processor (using the hook attachment) until smooth: in time - about 4 minutes.
- Without turning off the mixer, gradually add softened butter and knead for another 8-10 minutes. You will see how it begins to become smooth, beautiful, gathers in one lump. If you don’t have a kneading machine, don’t worry: all this can be done with your own hands, only it takes a little more time. Knead the dough until it starts to lag behind the hands.
- Pour dried fruits and mix (with a spoon, spatula or hands) until they are evenly distributed throughout the mass.
- We transfer the yeast dough for lazy Easter cakes into a large, clean, always dry, bowl. Cover with a linen towel, put in a warm place and forget about it for 12-15 hours. This general preparation is very convenient to do in the evening, so that in the morning with bright, clean thoughts (they say that this is one of the keys to delicious, beautiful Easter cakes) you start baking.
- After this time, grease the hands with vegetable oil and crush the dough, add candied fruit. If they are large enough, chop them lightly.
- Knead until smooth. Your dough will be very soft, a little malleable, like a living one - this is how it should be.
- We put the dough in baking dishes, fill them a little more than half. If you use metal molds, they must be lubricated with oil. If you have paper, it is much simpler here: just shift the right amount of dough (you do not need to lubricate anything).
- Cover the forms with a towel and leave at room temperature for 3-5 hours. During this time, the dough rose perfectly.
- Gently transfer the forms onto a baking sheet or wire rack: do not knock, do not drop, do not shake them - the yeast dough may settle. Best of all, initially place the forms on a baking sheet, and only then lay the dough.
- We send to the oven preheated to 180 degrees for 30-35 minutes: if you have a mold with a volume of about 1 liter. With a larger cake, the baking time increases.
- I advise you to cover the cakes after 10-15 minutes of baking with a sheet of baking paper dipped in water: so that the top does not burn. Also, put a bowl of water on the bottom of the oven - it will not let the Easter cakes burn from below.
- Ready-made Easter cakes are completely cooled in paper form or on a pillow, periodically turning from side to side.
- Decorate lazy Easter cakes with icing sugar, icing, various sprinkles - as you wish.
Just a little of our efforts, and deliciously delicate, soft, airy, and most importantly - a very delicious Easter cake - is ready! And indeed, he turned out to be lazy - because we spent only about half an hour of our time! The remaining 16 hours the dough worked without our attention. If you are limited in time, I just recommend making these delicious home-made Easter cakes for Easter. It is so nice to please your family with homemade cakes cooked with love.
Happy Easter with “I love to cook”!