Today we will prepare a delicious French Napoleon. In our family, no holiday is complete without this dessert. Many recipes of Napoleon are complex and require a lot of effort, but not this one. The new recipe pleases not only with fast cooking, but also with great taste. The cake turns out incredibly tasty and tender, and each new piece literally melts in your mouth, bringing pleasure! If you make a recipe for a cake once, then be sure that in the future you will cook it quite often. After all, who does not want to try a delicious cake again? Let's start cooking.
- puff pastry - 1 sheet;
- sunflower oil for lubrication;
- water - 50 milliliters;
- sugar - 2 teaspoons.
- milk - 500 milliliters;
- flour - 50 grams;
- sugar - 90 grams;
- vanilla - 0.5 pod;
- starch - 1 teaspoon;
- butter - 15-20 grams;
- egg yolk - 4 pieces.
- icing sugar - 75 grams;
- cocoa powder - 0.5 teaspoon;
- water - 20 milliliters.
Very tasty French "Napoleon". Step by step recipe
To start, prepare a custard called "Patisser", which you will need 1 cup.
- The vanilla bean is cut in half along.
- We heat 400 milliliters of milk, in which there is a vanilla pod for 4 minutes, not bringing to a boil. After we turn off the fire.
- Put 4 yolks in a clean bowl and add the right amount of sugar.
- Whisk with a whisk until a light and smooth mass is obtained.
- Mix flour with starch.
- Sift into a mixture of yolk.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Pour 100 milliliters of cold milk.
- Once again, mix everything gently.
- Remove the vanilla bean from the saucepan with warm milk and add the mixture.
- Cook on fire for 7-8 minutes with constant stirring until thickened.
- Pour into a clean bowl.
- From above, lightly grease the cream with butter so that an unpleasant crust does not appear.
- We send the cream in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Tip: you can use this cream not only for Napoleon, but also for other confectionery products: tartlets, cakes, pies, and more. It turns out very tasty!
- Let's start the step-by-step preparation of the French Napoleon.
- Lightly grease the baking paper with sunflower oil.
- Put the paper on a baking sheet. Lay out puff pastry on top.
- You can prepare the dough for the cake yourself, the recipe is on our website, but I made it from the purchase. It turns out faster.
- Lightly grease the dough with water.
- Sprinkle with half the required amount of sugar.
- Cover with paper and baking sheet.
- We send to the oven preheated to 200 degrees for 15 minutes.
- We take out the dough from the oven and remove the paper.
- Turn the cake over and sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
- Again, cover with paper, baking and again sent to the oven for 10 minutes.
- We take out the baking and put it on a clean surface.
- Cut the cake into 3 equal parts. 2 parts are cut into 5 parts each. This is done so that when serving, the cake can be easily cut.
- We take the finished custard from the refrigerator.
- Lubricate the bottom whole cake with half custard. Cream edges trimmed with a knife.
- Spread the second layer of 5 parts on top. Lubricate with the remaining cream.
- Spread the final layer.
- Now it's time to cook the icing. Add 1.5 tablespoons of water to the powder.
- Mix until a whole mass is formed.
- Add a few drops of water to the cocoa powder.
- Mix to form a solid mass.
- Apply a thin layer of glaze on top of the cake.
- While the icing has not cooled, apply the cocoa cream stripes.
- Draw longitudinal lines from the drawn strips with a toothpick.
- For several hours, remove the cake in the refrigerator to soak.
Homemade Napoleon cake is ready, you can serve it and try it! Those close to you will surely appreciate your efforts and eat this dessert in two: it’s impossible to resist a bite! On our site “I love to cook,” you can find many more original recipes to please relatives. Enjoy your meal!