A delicious French Shou cake from custard dough will decorate any table and will pleasantly surprise you with its rich taste. As a rule, as the filling should be whipped cream. But I often make a stunningly delicate French cake, covered with crackle, with a spicy cream “Sundae” - this is something. Homemade cake turns out to be crispy on top, and inside with a soft delicate cream. To say that it is delicious is to say nothing: such a delicacy just melts in your mouth.
- egg yolk - 2 pieces;
- sugar - 6 tablespoons;
- corn starch - 3 tablespoons;
- milk - 500 milliliters;
- butter - 60 grams;
- salt to taste;
- cream (33%) - 500 milliliters;
- powdered sugar - 2 tablespoons;
- gelatin - 10 grams;
- milk - 50 milliliters.
- sugar - 90 grams;
- wheat flour - 90 grams;
- butter - 100 grams;
- dyes "Amerikolor".
- wheat flour - 150 grams;
- butter - 100 grams;
- water - 250 milliliters;
- chicken egg - 5 pieces;
Very tasty french cake "Shu". Step by step recipe
- Initially, we will prepare choux pastry for a delicious French Shu cake.
- Pour water into the pan (according to the recipe), send to the stove and bring the water to a boil.
- Then we send the butter into the water.
- Pour flour into the saucepan with the contents, brew a lump of dough, and roll it a little more through the pan, until a plaque forms on the bottom of the pan (only then it is believed that the dough has been brewed correctly and its gluten has risen as needed). This dough is very suitable in the oven.
- When the dough cools down a little we introduce chicken eggs one at a time (all five), mix well each time.
- Tip: Five chicken eggs are given according to the recipe, but you need to look at the test. It all depends on what kind of eggs you use: maybe four and a half eggs will be enough. The cake dough should slowly slide off the spoon in the form of triangles - this is its correct consistency.
- Now prepare the crackle for a delicious French Shu cake.
- Butter is well-ground with sugar.
- Then add flour to it and knead shortcrust pastry. We divide the finished dough into three parts.
- We paint the prepared test pieces in different colors (I used red, blue and purple dye). But you can not paint at all.
- Roll the dough into a layer of about 1-2 millimeters.
- Tip: it is very convenient to roll the colored dough between two packets or between two pieces of high-quality parchment paper.
- We cut out circles from the rolled dough (take the diameter of the circles at your own discretion - this is a matter of taste).
- Thus, we roll out the remaining dough and cut out circles of different colors.
- Cover the baking tray with parchment paper.
- On the prepared baking sheet, we place the custard dough in circles (using a pastry bag). In more detail, how to plant dough correctly, you can see the video at the bottom of the recipe.
- Cover the dough on a baking tray with crackle and squeeze a little.
- We send to the oven preheated to 200 degrees for 15 minutes.
- After this time, reduce the oven temperature to 160 degrees and bake another 15-20 minutes.
- Now we begin to prepare the cream "Ice cream".
- Pour milk into the pan, send to the stove and bring to a boil.
- Add sugar, corn starch, a little salt, vanillin to the yolks, mix with a small amount of milk (I take a little milk from the total volume) until a homogeneous mass is obtained.
- Pour the resulting mixture in a thin stream into a pan to almost boiled milk. We make cream.
- As soon as the cream thickens, add the butter, mix everything well until smooth.
- The cream is transferred to a separate container, covered with cling film and left to cool.
- Pour 50 milliliters of cold milk into a separate container, add gelatin, mix everything well and leave to swell.
- Beat cold cream (according to the recipe) with two tablespoons of powdered sugar until a lush, strong foam is obtained (I whip the cream with a mixer).
- Beat the cooled custard again with a mixer until smooth, add a few tablespoons of whipped cream, and mix well.
- The resulting cream is introduced into the remaining cream, and mix well until a homogeneous mass is obtained.
- Then we send liquid gelatin to the cream (we heat it in a water bath or in the microwave, but do not boil) and mix well. The cream is ready.
- At the French cakes, cut off the top, fill the cake with cream and cover with the cut off top. Thus, we fill all the delicious French cakes.
- Delicious French Shu cakes are ready.
Original, incredibly tasty, multi-colored and simply pleasing French Shu cakes will decorate any festive table. Such a sweetness will appeal to absolutely everyone. “Very tasty” wishes you a pleasant tea party.