Beautiful, fragrant and delicious gingerbread cookies can be easily prepared at home. Once, it was enough for me to try them once to take a recipe and run home soon to bake. Gingerbread cookies may seem banal and simple to you, but cooked with your own hands is tastier than in the store - a thousand times. Perhaps the secret is not only in the soft custard dough on which they are cooked, but in the great desire to cook and present to relatives and friends a sweet piece of fragrant homemade gingerbread. Rather, take a note of your recipe: I have never seen such a simple recipe.
- wheat flour (for brewing dough) - 250 grams;
- wheat flour - 1 kilogram;
- milk - 0.5 liters;
- sugar sand - 500 grams;
- vegetable oil - 100 milliliters;
- baking powder for dough - 60 grams;
- vanilla sugar - 32 grams;
- two fresh chicken eggs;
- yolk - 2 pieces;
- a pinch of salt.
- protein - 2 pieces;
- icing sugar - 250 grams.
Very tasty gingerbread cookies. Step by step recipe
- Pour milk into a saucepan, put on a stove and bring to a boil. While milk is on the stove, we sift into a deep bowl 250 grams of wheat flour. Also add 500 grams of sugar. Mix everything very carefully so that when we pour in hot boiled milk, lumps do not form. At the end, add a pinch of salt.
- As soon as the milk begins to rise with foam, we immediately remove it from the stove and pour it into our dry mass with a thin stream. Very neat: remember that everything is very hot - mix to a homogeneous consistency. Sugar in hot milk immediately melts and ceases to be felt under the scapula. Add one hundred milliliters of vegetable oil to our choux pastry. Set it aside until it cools to room temperature.
- For the test, we need two eggs and two yolks. Therefore, we separate the yolks of two eggs, and send the proteins to the refrigerator - we will need them a little later, for the glaze.
- We return to the remaining kilogram of flour. We need to sift it in a deep bowl with a baking powder for the dough, and mix everything.
- We take a bowl with cooled custard dough, add vanilla sugar, two yolks and two eggs to it. With a mixer, you need to beat everything to get a homogeneous consistency.
- Now in small portions add the sifted flour to the choux pastry. Knead everything with a spatula until the dough can be kneading with your hands. As a result, you should get a beautiful, soft, elastic dough that does not stick to your hands and surface.
- Look at the consistency of the test: flour on gingerbread can go both more and less.
- Divide the dough into 4 parts. Sprinkling a little surface, we form koloboks. We leave it for a couple of minutes so that it rests a little.
- While we are rolling out the dough, you can already turn on the oven at 180 * C.
- Sprinkling flour on the work surface, we roll it out a little less than a centimeter thick: about 7-8 millimeters. Then we cut out the circles with a glass. You can also cut using different shapes for cookies. Spread at a distance of 2 centimeters. Pre-cover the baking sheet with parchment paper. We do this with the whole test.
- Sent in a preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes. Gingerbread cookies should be lightly with a golden crust. The first baking tray with gingerbread cookies can be baked a little longer: about 25 minutes.
- While the gingerbread cookies are baking, prepare a protein glaze. To do this, sift the icing sugar through a sieve, add two cold proteins and beat with a mixer for about 3-5 minutes. Do not strive to bring the mass to persistent peaks: a uniform and dense protein mass will harden on gingerbreads anyway.
- We coat each gingerbread with a pastry brush on all sides. We put it on a dish and leave it to cool completely. If you have kids - instruct them to smear fragrant warm gingerbread cookies: such work will give them a lot of emotions.
Inside, the gingerbread cookies are very tender and very tasty. From the whole test, approximately 65-70 pieces are obtained. You can divide the number of ingredients in half: then spend a little time on their preparation. Also, if you like chocolate, you can add cocoa to the dough: and you will get very tasty chocolate gingerbread as a result. Homemade gingerbread cookies are incomparable with purchased ones: they do not stale for a long time - most importantly, store them in containers with a lid. The team of the site “Very Delicious” wishes you a pleasant appetite!