Airy and tender, sweet and melting, this is all very tasty homemade marshmallows. It is impossible to stop yourself when you start trying a chewing marshmallow - it just melts in your mouth. A hand reaches out, takes one piece after another: you understand that here it is - the apogee of sweet pleasure. Naturally, store marshmallows are not always happy with their composition, so for children I want to cook a natural and safe “sweet snack” - homemade marshmallows. This delicacy has become an integral component of a serving of cocoa for my child.
- granulated sugar - 400 grams;
- boiled water - 200 grams;
- invert syrup - 160 grams;
- butter - 30 grams;
- gelatin (you can replace agar-agar) - 25 grams;
- powder for store powdered sugar (contains starch) - 100 grams;
- various food colors and flavorings to taste to taste.
Delicious homemade marshmallows. Step by step recipe
- The first step is to prepare the deco. Stelem on it with parchment. Also, any other large flat shape can be suitable for planting marshmallows. Parchment is well lubricated with butter.
- Let's start with the preparation of gelatin. It must be poured into a container, which can then be heated on the stove. Pour gelatin with 100 milliliters of water and leave it for 20 minutes to swell its crystals. Gelatin should be dissolved at a temperature of not more than 50-60 * C. Stir it constantly with a spoon or spatula. Be extremely careful at this stage: gelatin must not be overheated and, moreover, bring to a boil.
- Pour the finished gelatin into the dishes, in which further we will knead our sweet mass.
- We will also need invert syrup. It can be bought in a specialized store for pastry chefs or found on supermarket shelves. If you do not have the opportunity to buy, then you can cook it yourself, at home. There is an invert syrup recipe on the site “I like to cook”: following the step-by-step instructions, you can easily cook it yourself.
- Cooking syrup. Pour into the pan: invert syrup, the remaining water and pour all the sugar. We put the saucepan on the stove, cook to a temperature of 110 * C, constantly stirring with a spatula. By this time, the syrup will take on a delicately caramel color, it will be transparent and smell delicious.
- Now the fun part. Take a whisk and begin to beat the gelatin as quickly as you can. Then pour in a small stream of syrup. We continue to whisk, slightly reduce the speed. As the mass cools, it will also change its consistency. From liquid and astringent, it will become more thickened and elastic. Continuing to beat, you will notice how it increases in volume.
- In order for the mass to become as soon as we need, it is necessary to switch to whipping with a mixer. Beat at high speeds until the mass becomes almost rubber: it will slightly hamper the mixer, resisting. Be careful: as this is a signal that our marshmallows are almost ready. At this stage, if you wish, you can add food colors and various flavors. I will not do this, because I love the classic taste of marshmallows.
- Another trick to check the readiness of the marshmallows: the mass should drain from the corolla with an elastic and even strip.
- Now is the time to shape everything on a deco or other form that you have prepared.
- Take the icing sugar, pass it through a sieve and generously sprinkle all the parchment. Trot well: everything should be evenly coated.
- Then we pour half the mixture onto the mold, carefully level it all over the bottom.
- You can drop the other half with a pastry bag or syringe. It is necessary to squeeze out long strips, the diameter of which is selected to your taste. You can make thin and small marshmallows - then they are great for hot drinks, such as cocoa, coffee. You can also make it bigger - then get chewing marshmallows.
- Sprinkle the powdered marshmallows with powdered sugar. We put in a cold place for 3 hours.
- We take out of the refrigerator, cut into pieces. Also with the help of curly forms we squeeze out the filled marshmallows on a baking sheet.
We shift everything into a glass jar and store it closed. The lid must be mandatory, as the marshmallows are weathered and dry. Serve them on a saucer with hot drinks, decorate desserts and ice cream. And if you are a lover of delicate coffee drinks like me - make yourself coffee and put on top natural homemade marshmallows. They literally turn into tender foam before our eyes and saturate the drink with a pleasant sweet taste. I am sure that it will be delicious to cook simple and quick marshmallows in your kitchen. The team of the site “I Love Cooking” selects only the most delicious and proven recipes for you. Cook, enjoy the process and the result. Good appetite!