Having been in Italy, I did not see their rye bread, but what delicious they make focaccia with olives, tomatoes and rosemary - you will lick your fingers! This is a delicate cake with a crispy (to the delight) crust and an incredibly mouth-watering aroma. And in it slices of baked tomatoes, olives - it's a fairy tale! I would call focaccia a separate dish, not a supplement: how, basically, we use bread. Italian tortilla is absolutely easy to prepare: join in - it is very tasty!
- dry yeast - 21 grams;
- sugar - 30 grams;
- water - 625 milliliters;
- flour - 1 kilogram;
- salt - 25-30 grams (1 tablespoon with a mound);
- olive oil - 60 milliliters;
- tomatoes - 300-350 grams;
- pitted olives (olives possible) - 2-3 tablespoons;
- sprigs of rosemary;
- coarse sea salt, peppercorns.
Delicious italian focaccia tortilla with olives and tomatoes. Step by step recipe
- Step-by-step preparation of the dough: combine warm water, sugar, dry yeast and salt. Stir.
- If you have a food processor, then pour out all the necessary flour into a bowl with water, sugar and so on, first set the dough mixer to the lowest speed, and then increase it to medium (see the technical parameters of your machine). Knead using a nozzle hook until the dough is very soft, elastic, and completely away from the walls of the bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and whisk for another 1.5-2 minutes.
- If you knead with your hands, then measure in advance 1 kilogram of sifted flour and, for convenience, add it to the water in small portions. In the manual case, it is necessary to knead for a very long time until the dough ceases to stick to the hands. After that, continue to knead for about 7 minutes, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and knead for about 5-7 minutes.
- As a result, the dough is very elastic, soft and pleasant to the touch. We round it, giving the shape of a ball, transfer to a bowl (for proofing), cover with a film. And set for 30-45 minutes in a warm place to fit. To do this, you can lightly heat the oven and turn it off, or type in a large bowl of warm water, and put a bowl of dough in it. During the proofing, the dough will increase 2.5-3 times.
- We prepare the fillers: we cut the tomatoes at our discretion (I cut large enough slices).
- Olives (I prefer olives) can be thrown whole or cut in half, we separate needles from rosemary branches.
- Knead peppercorns in a mortar or mill. We shift everything into a bowl, fill with the remaining olive oil and mix well. Leave to insist.
- Put the dough on the table, lightly sprinkled with flour (just a little), and once again knead a little.
- We spread on a baking sheet (or in a baking dish), previously greased with olive oil. We stretch the dough with our hands into the formation. The thickness of the layer can be adjusted as you wish: someone likes thicker cakes, while someone likes thinner cakes.
- We take pickled tomatoes, olives, greens and, slightly pressing into the dough, spread the tortillas over the entire surface. Pour up olive oil, in which everything is pickled, level over the entire surface. From above, if desired, you can sprinkle with coarse sea salt - it will give a very tasty and interesting focaccia flavor.
- Put the baking tray with focaccia in a warm place for another 20-30 minutes.
- Bake focaccia in an oven preheated to 220 degrees for about 20-30 minutes: here, consider the thickness of the tortillas. Ready focaccia should be well browned. Readiness can be checked by tapping on the crust: if it is firm, and a loud sound is heard inside, as if the cake is empty in the middle, then everything is ready!
We leave the hot, aromatic focaccia to cool - this is the most difficult in all cooking. After all, such a fragrance that it’s difficult to stay! The Italian focaccia is simply amazing - crisp, very soft, porous middle of the bread: all this is diluted with incredibly fragrant and delicious tomatoes, olives (olives) and rosemary. It turns out very tasty if the crust of dried salt comes across on the crust - this is a kind of highlight. Focaccia with tomatoes and olives is a completely vegetarian (vegan) dish, so you can bake it in fasting: and not only. Cook delicious dishes with us and delight your loved ones. Bon appetit with “Very tasty”!