Dear friends, today I will tell you a recipe for making a very tasty wicker with poppy seeds, the unforgettable taste of which we have known since childhood. The unusually delicate airy texture of the dough and a crispy golden crust - that's what made me start cooking braids with poppy seeds at home. Traditionally, such a delicious wicker is served with tea or fresh milk, spreading pieces of it with your favorite jam, honey or butter.
- wheat flour - 420 grams;
- water - 250 milliliters;
- dry yeast - 2 grams;
- sugar - 30 grams;
- butter - 13 grams;
- salt - 6 grams;
- chicken egg - 1 piece (for lubricating the wicker);
- poppy for sprinkling.
Delicious wicker with poppy seeds. Step by step recipe
- First of all, we will prepare dough for poppy wicker.
- Sift through a sieve 140 grams of flour.
- Pour two grams of dry yeast (or 5 grams of fresh) into a deep bowl for dough and pour 120 milliliters of warm water. Stir until smooth and leave for five minutes.
- Then gradually add 140 grams of wheat flour and knead well. The consistency of the dough should resemble thick sour cream.
- Cover the bowl with cling film or a kitchen towel and leave it in a warm place for 3 to 4 hours.
- To prepare the dough for poppy braids, you need to sift 280 grams of wheat flour through a sieve.
- We heat 130 milliliters of water a little and dissolve sugar and salt in it.
- When the dough has risen well, slightly crush it with a spoon and pour the resulting solution.
- Then add flour a little and knead the dough.
- We shift the dough to the working surface and knead with your hands for 5 minutes.
- Add soft butter and continue to knead another five to eight minutes.
- The finished dough should be soft, elastic and slightly stick to your hands.
- Round it, send it back to the bowl, cover with cling film and let rest for 1, 5 - 2 hours. During this time, we crush the dough 2 times.
- Then we divide the finished dough into three identical parts. Round them and leave them for 5 - 7 minutes. So that the dough does not dry, it needs to be covered with cling film.
- We roll each part of the dough with a rolling pin into a small layer, and then turn the layer into a bundle (we twist it like a roll).
- We pinch the seam and the edges.
- We roll around the table, smoothing the seam, and stretch a little in length to get a length of about 30 centimeters.
- From three plaits (rolls) weave a pigtail. It’s best to start from the middle. The pigtail should not be very tight.
- We pinch the ends and hide them under the bottom of the pigtails.
- Transfer the tasty wicker to a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Leave it for proofing for 40-60 minutes.
- Beat one egg with a fork or whisk and grease our braid.
- Then generously sprinkle it on top with poppy seeds and a little iron the poppy with a brush so that it adheres well to the surface of the wicker. All this is done immediately before planting in the oven.
- We heat the oven to a temperature of 215 degrees and bake a delicious braid with poppy seeds for 25 minutes.
- We shift the finished braid to cool on the grate.
That's all. Gorgeous, very tasty wicker with poppy seeds - on your table. Brew tea and enjoy a pleasant conversation, enjoy homemade poppy wicker. Such moments are remembered by relatives for life. The “I love to cook" team wishes you a pleasant appetite.