There is very little time left until the bright Easter holiday: it's time to tell you how to cook a very tasty and simple Easter cake with cream. I cooked Easter cake at home according to different recipes. Today I want to share, in my opinion, the most successful and simple, recipe for a delicious Easter cake.
- flour - 170 grams;
- cream 33% - 240 milliliters (take fat content above 20%);
- fresh pressed yeast - 30 grams (or 11 grams dry);
- sugar - 1 tablespoon without a slide.
For the test:
- flour - 550 grams;
- butter - 100 grams;
- sugar - 220 grams;
- eggs - 4 pieces plus one yolk;
- salt - a pinch;
- nuts, raisins, candied fruits, dried fruits - 150 grams.
- protein - 1 piece;
- icing sugar - 100 grams;
- lemon juice.
Decorate to your taste with sugar confectionery topping or just leave it in the glaze.
Easter cake on cream. Step by step recipe
We start to cook the dough.
- We take the cream and heat them to 35-40 * C: they should be warm, but not hot.
- Add two teaspoons of sugar and yeast to the cream (break into small pieces). All this is dissolved.
- Sift the flour well. Pour the mass into the flour, bring to a uniform state. Cover with a towel and put in a warm place: for about 25-30 minutes - everything will depend on the temperature and quality of the yeast. Opara should rise approximately 2 times.
- In the next step, we beat four eggs and one yolk with a pinch of salt and sugar. A mixer is better here than a whisk. Beat up to lush foam. We send one protein to the refrigerator: it will be needed for glaze.
- Add our dough to the beaten eggs. Mix gently. And add the sifted flour in parts.
Less or more flour may be needed: it all depends on the flour itself and the size of the eggs.
- When almost all the flour has been added, the time comes for butter: it should be at room temperature.
If you forgot to get it in advance and you have it from the refrigerator, then put it in the microwave for a couple of seconds (bring to a soft state).
- Add the remaining flour and continue to knead the dough.
Knead the dough for Easter cake for a long time. Not less than 30 minutes.
- To date, there are many various tools and techniques for kneading dough. You can use a bread machine, food processor, a special mixer for the dough, or knead with your hands. I prefer it on my own: for this holiday I want to make Easter cake with my own hands, convey my bright mood through the warmth of my hands.
- The finished dough should lag behind the walls of the bowl or bowl in which you mixed it, should not stick to your hands, should be soft and elastic. We cover the bowl with the dough with cling film and set in a warm place for two hours. During this time, the dough should increase in volume: at least twice.
- After a couple of hours, we return to the test. It came up and looks very magnificent. We crush it and, if desired, can add 150 grams of nuts, dried fruits, candied fruits and citrus peel.
- Now we proceed to the selection of forms for baking Easter cake in the oven. Every year they are more diverse and affordable. Personally, I prefer paper forms of different sizes. They do not need to be oiled. If you will bake in iron molds, you should definitely grease them with oil.
- We proceed to the formation of balls from the dough. We tear off a piece, pinch it and spread it on the smooth side to the top. Approximately the form should be filled in by ⅓. After that we cover all the molds with a towel. We give the test time to rise and fill out the form by 3/4.
- While the dough rises, preheat the oven to 180 * C.
- Bake small tins for about 30-40 minutes, large ones for about 50-60 minutes.
- We send our homemade cakes to the preheated oven.
- Now, while Easter cakes are in the oven, it's time to cook the icing. Chilled protein and a few drops of lemon juice are added to powdered sugar. Beat everything with a mixer until splendid. After the icing is ready, cover it so that it does not dry out.
- Check the readiness of Easter cakes with a wooden stick. We pierce the cake from top to bottom: the stick should be absolutely dry. After that, grease with glaze. Do not wait until the cakes are cooled: you can lubricate them hot. I like to dip a hat down in a bowl with icing: then the coloring is uniform.
- Now the best part: we decorate our cakes. For this process, confectionery powders, figures from mastic, dried fruits and all kinds of sweet decorations are suitable.
So this fascinating process has ended. The most remarkable thing that we all did ourselves - and this is always highly appreciated and gives us an incredibly festive mood. On the site “I Love Cooking” there are many more wonderful recipes for Easter cakes in the oven: choose and cook with us - we have only delicious and proven recipes.