Beautiful, openwork, unusual tasty pastries for the Happy Easter - Easter cake on sour cream. Such a charm is obtained by adding sour cream to the dough for Easter cakes. Easter cakes - traditional baking for the holiday, which can only be prepared with bright feelings and good mood. Fluffy, airy Easter cake with a delicate structure will become a real decoration of the festive table.
- 350 grams of sifted flour;
- 5 grams of dry yeast (or 15 grams of pressed yeast);
- 100 grams of milk;
- 75 grams of soft butter;
- 75 grams of sour cream 30% fat;
- 2 fresh chicken eggs;
- 120 grams of sugar sugar;
- 0.25 teaspoon of salt;
- raisins - 60 grams;
- candied fruits - 20 grams;
- crushed nuts - 20 grams;
- any flavor to your taste.
Easter cake on sour cream. Step by step recipe
- Make a dough: mix 3 tablespoons of flour, dry yeast (I use instant), 100 grams of warm milk and stir until smooth. Cover and leave in a warm place for 2 hours until the middle begins to settle.
- Eggs (it is better to use fresh, with a bright yolk) beat with the addition of salt and sugar in a lush mass (it should drain from the corolla with a ribbon).
- In the resulting egg mass, add sour cream.
- In a separate bowl, whisk soft warm butter with a whisk (first leave it at room temperature for several hours).
- We mix in a deep bowl ready dough and egg mass.
- Stir in the remaining flour, making a soft dough. The amount of flour and milk, most likely, will have to be regulated, since everyone’s flour is different in composition and quality. Knead the dough until it becomes smooth and uniform.
- Add butter to the dough and continue kneading until it stops sticking to your hands.
- We make a ball from the dough, transfer it to the greased dishes, cover and leave to fit (it should increase in volume), for 2-3 hours.
- We crush the approached dough and add raisins, candied fruits and flavoring to it.
Tip. There are norms for adding fillers to Easter cake. For 1 kilogram of flour you will need: 150 grams of raisins, 50 grams of candied fruits and 50 grams of crushed nuts. That is, you yourself can adjust depending on the amount of baking (and, accordingly, flour).
- We divide the dough into parts, focusing on the number of cakes and the size of the baking dish.
- We line the bottom of the mold with baking paper, coat the walls with oil or margarine.
- We round each piece of dough to smoothness, put the seam down into the mold, filling it by ⅓ (or not more than half of the total volume).
- We give the test a warm approach again (we achieve an increase in volume by 1.5-2 times).
Tip. If you want to get light, airy cakes, then wait until the dough rises twice. If you like more dense cakes (and do not want to take risks due to the fact that the dough can settle quickly), then a 1.5-fold increase in the volume of dough is enough.
- Five minutes before the start of baking, grease the top of home cakes with a loosened yolk (you can use an egg or protein - it doesn’t matter).
- We put in a bake oven preheated to 180 degrees. Readiness check with a toothpick or clean wand.
- After baking we take out Easter cakes from the mold and send it to cool in pillows (as our grandmothers did). We put them on a barrel and turn them over to cool evenly.
- After it has completely cooled, cover with icing or sugar lipstick (you can see the recipe for their preparation on our website “I like to cook”).
- Decorate homemade cakes as you like.
Surely all the hostesses know that for the Easter holiday you need to start preparing in advance: paint the eggs, bake Easter cakes and make curd Easter - the essential attributes of the Easter table. Our site - “I like to cook” can help you in all the joyful pre-holiday troubles. After all, we have collected all the best and proven recipes. Love you and a good mood.