Fans of various holiday baking options: I suggest paying attention to this rather easter Easter cake in cooking. Easter cake is a special, “festive” type of bread. It is baked from yeast dough with the addition of a large amount of butter, eggs and sugar. Kulich, cooked at home, is very delicate and fragrant. Protein glaze makes Easter cakes elegant, beautiful - holy. Such pastries will be the decoration of the Easter table.
Let's see what we need to make homemade cakes.
For the test:
- salt - 0.5 teaspoon;
- butter at room temperature - 100 grams;
- chicken eggs - 2 pieces;
- egg yolks - 2 pieces;
- sugar - 80 grams;
- vanilla sugar - 2 teaspoons;
- wheat flour - 440 grams;
- raisins - 60 grams;
- candied fruit - 60 grams.
- one egg white;
- 120 grams of powdered sugar;
- one tablespoon of lemon juice;
- pastry topping.
- milk - 120 milliliters;
- fresh yeast - 15 grams (5 grams dry);
- sugar - 1 tablespoon;
- flour - 1 tablespoon.
Easter cake. Step by step recipe
- Initially, the raisins are washed with warm water and dried with a napkin. After washing the raisins, it will become soft and tender.
- Now we’ll start cooking dough for Easter cakes. For dough, we need warm milk (cold milk cannot be used for making dough) and it’s very good that the dairy milk is homemade.
- We take a small bowl in which we will prepare the dough, and pour warm milk into it.
- Then we send dry yeast to milk (dry yeast can be replaced with fresh: for this we need 15 grams of fresh yeast). I bake Easter cakes for this recipe with dry yeast, and you see for yourself.
- And now we add sugar, flour to milk and mix everything well until smooth.
- We cover the container with dough (for this I use cling film) and leave the dough to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a separate container we place softened butter, add granulated sugar, vanilla sugar (according to the recipe), salt and mix everything thoroughly.
- We break two chicken eggs into the creamy mass, add two egg yolks and mix well again (it’s very good to use fresh home-made eggs for Easter cakes, but purchased ones will do as well).
- The resulting egg mixture is combined with dough and mix until smooth.
- Pre-sifted wheat flour for the preparation of Easter cakes.
- In small portions, add the sifted flour to the liquid mass and knead the dough. I initially knead the dough with a spoon, and then turn to knead the dough with my hands. Knead the dough for 10 minutes. The yeast dough for Easter baking should be very soft.
- We put the finished dough into a bowl, cover and leave to stand for an hour and a half. During this time, the yeast dough for Easter cakes should double.
- For baking Easter cakes, we will need two forms: with a diameter of 12 centimeters and a height of 12 centimeters.
- From parchment paper for baking, cut circles according to the diameter of the form and the sides. Paper borders should be a few centimeters higher than the shape.
- We coat the paper blanks with oil (I do this with a silicone brush) and line the prepared forms with them.
- To the raised yeast dough, add washed raisins, candied fruit (according to the recipe) and knead the dough well.
- Lubricate the hands with vegetable oil.
- We divide the finished dough into two parts and put it into prepared forms.
- We cover it with cling film and leave the dough in the forms to stand in a warm place until the dough rises to the edges of the form.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Bake Easter cakes in a well-heated oven for 45 minutes. Periodically, you need to check the cakes during baking. If the Easter cakes quickly brown, then cover them with foil so that they do not burn.
- Beat one egg white in a white foam using a mixer.
- Without stopping whipping, add the powdered sugar and lemon juice to the whipped whites. And whisk for a couple of minutes.
- Ready baked Easter cakes are immediately removed from the molds and put on a wooden board.
- We cover still hot cakes with glaze and traditionally sprinkle with confectionery sprinkle.
- Let the Easter cakes cool and can be cut.
Easter cakes baked according to this recipe are very tender and delicious. An excellent combination of raisins and candied fruits give baking a special taste. Kulich, cooked on dry yeast at home, will be the main decoration of the festive table - and everyone present will be pleasantly surprised by their taste. You won’t spend a lot of your time preparing home-made cakes, but thanks to our step-by-step recipe, Easter cakes are excellent even for a young housewife.
On the portal “I love to cook” you can find not only excellent recipes for cooking cakes, but also step-by-step recipes for cooking delicious Easter.