I can not help but share a completely new recipe for Easter: I propose to prepare an Easter kraffin. Extraordinarily beautiful, original and very delicate in taste. I prepared it for the test, because I wanted to choose that one unique and delicious Easter baking recipe. And she was just ecstatic: the Easter kraffin is laid out in beautiful layers, twisted in a spiral up. Appetizing original puff hat - such a charm that does not need to be decorated with glaze. The original Easter cake is very much like a huge kraffin, with a lot of dried fruits and nuts inside.
- premium flour - 360 grams;
- 2.5% cow's milk - 85 milliliters;
- yeast (Saf moment) - 7 grams;
- crystalline sugar - 85 grams;
- a pinch of salt;
- one protein;
- three yolks;
- melted butter 82% - 45 grams;
- juice of one orange - 30 milliliters (you can take milk);
- the zest of a whole lemon (orange) or vanillin - 1.5 grams (stop on one flavoring to get one rich taste and aroma).
Also, to get the puffiness of the test, you will need:
- butter 82% - 125 grams (room temperature);
- dried fruits or candied fruits (what you have) - 100 grams;
- almond flakes (or any finely chopped nut) - 50 grams.
Easter Kraffin. Step by step recipe
- Let's start by activating our dry yeast. To do this, heat the milk to a temperature of 38 * C, add one teaspoon of sugar and yeast. Stir everything, and leave it on the table for 10 minutes. If the yeast is good - they should form a "magnificent hat".
- Let's move on to the eggs. Drive the yolks and protein into the bowl, add the sugar that remains. Beat everything with a mixer into a thick, homogeneous mass.
- The airiness of the dough also depends on how long the eggs have been beaten, and whether the sugar has completely dissolved. Remember that yolks with proteins must be at room temperature.
- Now let's get to the flour. It is necessary to sift everything into a deep bowl, in which we will then knead the dough.
- When sifting flour, we enrich it with oxygen. Butter puff pastry as a result will be very airy and tender.
- Add half a teaspoon of salt to the flour, mix everything with a silicone spatula.
- We make a small depression in the flour: pour in the dough, beaten egg yolks with protein and sugar, add orange juice (can be replaced with milk). This time I added orange juice.
- If you will not use any juice for flavor, but want to add vanillin (for example), then add 30 milliliters of milk and one bag (1.5 grams) of vanillin, or zest from one lemon (orange). The main thing is not to overdo it with natural flavors. And the amount of liquid in the test should not exceed 110 milliliters.
- Now we begin to knead the dough. First you can help yourself with a silicone spatula. It will be more convenient for you to remove flour and adhering dough from the walls of the bowl, and then proceed to manual kneading. Some time after the start of the batch, add melted butter.
- The most important thing in the process of kneading dough for Easter kraffin is the purity of your thoughts, good mood and faith. Therefore, be sure to think only about the good, and then - through the warmth of your hands - the taste of Easter cake will be unique.
- When a lump began to form from the dough, go to knead it already on a flat work surface. Knead the dough thoroughly until it stops sticking to the table and hands: without adding a single gram of flour. Help yourself in the process with a scraper.
- The dough is incredibly fragrant, has a pleasant yellow color: and with every minute it changes, it becomes more elastic. Knead about 10-15 minutes.
- How to check the readiness of the test, you can see the video under the recipe
- Lubricate the bowl with sunflower oil, put the dough, cover with a towel. Put in a warm dough for 1 hour. The dough should rise at least twice.
- While the dough is coming up, let's get down to the forms. I took three forms for the whole amount of the test: two large (diameter 12, height 15 centimeters) and one small (diameter 8, height 11 centimeters). At the bottom of the mold we put the cut out parchment: and also on the mold walls.
- Now all the dough needs to be divided into three parts. Two are the same in size and one smaller (about 70 grams). We roll all the pieces into a ball, cover with a towel and leave for another 15 minutes, so that the dough rests.
- Now sprinkle the table with flour, put a large ball of dough, sprinkle it on top with flour and begin to roll the dough into a thin layer. It needs to be rolled out and stretched to the sides: to the shape of a rectangle. The thickness of the dough should be the same as on the strudel. In some places it should be visible, but not torn.
- Now we grease our dough with soft butter (determine the amount of oil yourself: divide it by eye into three parts, like the dough).
- If you like nutmeg flavor - you can grate it a little and sprinkle dough on top (or use ground powder in bags).
- Now spread dried fruits or candied fruits.
- I add candied fruits. If you take raisins, and it is very large, then it is better to cut it in half. You can also lightly sprinkle the dough with almond plates.
- Remember: raisins do not need to be steamed, it must first be washed and dried with a paper towel.
- Now gently twist the dough into a roll. Press it a little and pull. Sprinkle the table with flour and transfer the finished roll to this place. Cover it with foil: it should rest. We also do everything with the remaining test.
- The dough rested, proceed to the design. We need to cut the roll into two parts along: as with the design of kraffins. (Who still does not know what kind of baking it is - its recipe is on our site “I like to cook”). To do this, we begin to cut our roll with a sharp knife, but not to the end. You need to leave a centimeter 1.5-2 centimeters from the edge (how to do it right, look at the video under the recipe).
- After that, we begin to form the Easter cake Kraffin itself. We twist the end of one cut half of the roll, forming the bottom from it first, and wrap everything to the top. The most important thing is that all the cut dough layers are outside. And then we beautifully lay out the top, turning it a little.
- All, slowly, we transfer to forms. We do everything with the other rolls too. When we put the last piece of dough into a mold, we will cover everything with a towel and leave it for a while: rise. It takes about an hour.
- Now preheat the oven at 200 * C, and the first ten minutes we will bake in this mode. Then lower the temperature to 180 * C and continue to bake for another 25 minutes, but already covering the top with Easter cake foil so that they do not burn. Please note that we will get a little Easter cake a little earlier.
- Carefully remove our baked cakes from the mold, cool. So that they cool faster, we can lay a towel, and put kraffin cake on it sideways. Turn it over from time to time. I propose to decorate with powdered sugar. It is possible with icing: but then the stunningly beautiful top of the Easter cake of kraffin with candied fruit will not be noticeable.
I am sure you managed to cook this amazing and unusual puff pastry kraffin, which will be remembered for all its delicate taste and very unusual appearance. Be sure to share this recipe with friends - they definitely have not tried this yet. Rejoice yourself and loved ones on this wonderful spring holiday. “I love cooking” wishes you a bright Easter and bon appetit!