For real sweet tooth, I want to present a quick poppy seed roll. The perfect combination of delicious dough with a lot of poppy seed filling makes an unforgettable impression from the first bite. Baking will give a wonderful creamy taste, melting in your mouth. Such pastry excellence will become a favorite dessert in family tea drinking. So, let's find out how to cook poppy seed roll.
For the filling of delicious poppy seed roll:
- poppy - 300 grams;
- milk or cream - 0.3 liters;
- 1 chicken egg (protein);
- sugar - 100 grams.
On the dough for poppy seed roll:
- flour - 250 grams;
- one pinch of salt;
- sugar - 20 grams;
- dry yeast - 7 grams;
- butter - 20 grams;
- 150 milliliters of milk or cream;
- chicken yolk for lubrication.
Fast poppy seed roll. Step by step recipe
- Sift the flour into the working container so that there are no unwanted lumps.
- Add yeast to it, a little sugar and slightly add salt. Then gently mix the ingredients with a spatula.
- We take a separate container and pour cream into it: it is recommended to use not too fat cream, not more than 22% (or fat milk). I use cream, so that the roll with poppy seed filling, cooked at home, has a pleasant creamy taste.
- After we measured the required amount of cream, we send them to heat in the microwave: for a short time, so that they become warm (and the yeast works perfectly).
- We take out the warmed cream and pour them into the flour mixture. We begin to mix the ingredients by hand. You can use a spoon: as you prefer. Knead everything until a homogeneous mass is formed.
- Melt the butter and pour it into the mixture. Mix well.
- The finished dough is placed in a container and covered with cling film. Set aside for a while: the dough should be doubled. I use the oven for these purposes: I warm it up to 50 degrees, then turn it off and put the container in it. In this way, the dough increases faster than at room temperature.
- While our dough is infused, let's get down to the poppy seed recipe for roll. Put the water in a saucepan over medium heat. When the water boils, put the poppy. Do not worry: it will turn black only after processing with sugar. The poppy needs to be boiled for about 10 minutes: at this time it is necessary to stir it regularly.
- After time, drain the water through a strainer. After pouring poppy seeds into a separate deep container.
- Pour cream (or fat milk) into the poppy seeds, put the container on the stove and cook the consistency for another 10 minutes, stirring regularly. Cream should be well absorbed by the grains.
- Pour sugar into the blender bowl, then pour the poppy-cream mixture into it, punch all the ingredients.
- After that, we cool the poppy mass to room temperature. We will do this with the help of a refrigerator: since by this time the dough will be ready.
- Sprinkle the work surface lightly with flour, take out the dough. Roll it into a rectangle.
- We get the poppy mass, then break the egg and separate the protein. We leave the yolk according to the recipe for poppy seed roll for its lubrication. Pour the protein into the poppy and use a whisk to mix the consistency. A homogeneous mass should be obtained.
- Next, grease our poppy seed filling with a layer of about 0.5 centimeters over the entire surface of the poppy seed roll for a holiday or other celebration.
- We turn our roll and cut the excess dough from the edges: if there is one. Next, gently pinch the edges so that the filling does not fall out. After that we put it on the proofing: for about 20 minutes.
- Grease the roll on top with egg yolk. In the yolk, add a drop of water: so that it does not dry out the baking surface.
- We put in the oven preheated to 180 degrees for about 20 minutes. Keep in mind that the perfect poppy seed roll is prepared very quickly according to the recipe, so it’s better to monitor its condition. When a beautiful golden brown crust appears, you can get it. We get, cut into equal pieces and serve.
So you have learned a simple recipe for poppy seed roll. It is cooked very quickly: and at the same time it stands out for its perfect taste and a lot of delicate poppy seed filling. On the culinary site "I love to cook" you will find many more pastry dishes - and not only.