The decoration of any festive table will be an incredibly delicious fruit cake “Tropicanka”. An incredibly beautiful cake immediately attracts attention: custard sticks covered with delicate cream and decorated with berries. A variety of fruits (in very large quantities) make the light cake unusually juicy and delicious. And the main advantage of a fruit cake is that it is very simple to cook at home.
- 1 glass of water;
- 1 cup flour;
- 100 grams of butter (margarine can be used);
- 6 fresh chicken eggs;
- 150 grams of sugar;
- 3 chicken eggs;
- 3 tablespoons of potato starch;
- 2 tablespoons of flour;
- 350 grams of milk;
- 250 grams of butter;
- vanilla - to taste;
- 1 tablespoon of brandy;
- 3 protein + 9 dessert spoons of sugar;
- three pieces of different fruits (to your taste);
- bananas - 3 pieces.
Berries can be taken both fresh and canned, and frozen. There must be bananas (as a base). You can use kiwi and any citrus fruits.
Fruit cake "Tropicana". Step by step recipe
- Pour one glass of water into a pan with a thick bottom. When the water begins to boil, add a pinch of salt and 100 grams of butter (can be replaced with margarine). Stir until the oil is completely dissolved.
- Reduce the heat to the smallest and pour in the flour, mix everything very quickly until all the flour has dissolved. Remove from heat.
- We beat one egg at a time, immediately stirring with a spatula so that the protein does not have time to boil (we mix until the egg completely interferes with the dough). And so with all 6 eggs. The dough is like cream.
- Before baking the cakes, on parchment paper, with a simple pencil, draw 3x3 cm squares and parallelograms (oblique lines). You can draw any other shapes (this process can be viewed in more detail in the video under the recipe). We spread the paper on a baking sheet, drawn side down, the clean side should be on top.
- In a culinary bag or in an ordinary plastic bag, we load still warm custard dough, release all the air, cut off the edge (we make a small cut).
- Draw the contours of the squares with a test. We send the baking sheets into the oven preheated to 180 degrees for 15 minutes (the main thing is not to overdo it).
- While the cakes are baking, prepare the cream. We beat three eggs into the pan, mix them with sugar, add vanilla or vanilla sugar (to taste). Mix with a spatula, put on medium heat. Pour 2 tablespoons of flour, mix. Pour the starch. Once again we interfere well.
- Without stopping heating, pour the milk in parts, whisking with a whisk until smooth. Cook the cream until thickened, constantly stirring with a spatula. You can’t leave, so that the cream does not burn. If there is no suitable glassware (I use glass), you can cook the cream in a water bath, then it definitely will not burn.
- We wait until the cream has cooled (you can cool in a sink with water).
- Beat 250 grams of butter: the longer, the softer the cream.
- We begin to add the cream into the butter in parts, constantly whipping with a mixer. Until the oil is completely combined with the cream. Pour 1 tablespoon of cognac into the cream (can be replaced with brandy concentrate).
- 3 bananas cut into circles (not finely chopped). We cut three kiwi in circles and divide them in half. We cut oranges with the same slices (or peaches, or persimmons, or pears - that is, any fruit).
- We collect fruit cake. We spread the cake from the squares on parchment paper, fill the cells with cream and spread on top. We lay out the bananas, in between the kiwi and the third fruit (any). The remaining empty spaces are filled with raspberries and cherries.
- Cover with cake with oblique cells, coat with cream, fill with berries and fruits. And so we alternate all 4 baked cakes.
- The last cake without cream is not smeared.
- Beat three cold egg whites until stable peaks. Add 1 dessert spoon of sugar (total 9), continuing to whisk.
- We turn the resulting very thick cream into a bag, release air and cut off the corner.
- With the resulting protein cream, lubricate the last cake on top (as you like) and draw a pattern along the edge. Garnish with fruit slices and berries. If there is strawberry - it will turn out generally wonderful.
- We remove the finished custard fruit cake for 3-4 hours in the refrigerator for impregnation.
We cut the most delicate delicacy into portioned pieces (in the context it is incredibly beautiful), and serve with tea or coffee. The Tropikanka cake is not only very tasty, but also healthy: after all, it simply has an incredible amount of various fruits and berries. Have a nice tea party.
On the site "I like to cook" you will find other recipes for delicious and original cakes: for all occasions.