As a tasty souvenir for guests, in our family we often bake funky chocolate-mint cookies “Shokomyatki”. It looks just amazing: very beautiful and unusual. In addition, it has an original chocolate mint flavor. Three-layer cookies combine a delicate creamy layer, a bitter, pleasant chocolate tint and a refreshing mint flavor. This combination will delight anyone who tries the original Shokomyatki cookies.
- cocoa powder — 3 tablespoons;
- margarine - 180 grams;
- fresh mint leaves - 20 grams;
- eggs - 2 pieces;
- vanillin or vanilla extract - to taste;
- whole grain flour - 400 grams;
- granulated sugar - 200 grams;
- baking powder for dough — 1 teaspoon.
Funky Chocolate Mint Cookies “Shokomyatki”. Step by step recipe
- To margarine softened to room temperature, add 150 grams of white granulated sugar and grind.
- Tip. For the preparation of mint and chocolate cookies, you can use both margarine and butter.
- Add two eggs to the sugar-egg mixture and grind with a whisk.
- Sift the flour through a sieve, and gradually introduce it to the liquid components of the fragrant biscuits, chocolate and mint. If the amount of flour indicated in the recipe seems to be small, then add more. The dough should stick off your hands.
- Pour a teaspoon of baking powder and add vanillin or vanilla extract to taste, knead the dough well.
- We divide the dough into three equal parts.
- Add cocoa powder to one part, knead well. It will turn brown and chocolate taste.
- Mint leaves need to be sorted out, rinse well and dry. Add the remaining sugar to the mint leaves and, using a blender, beat the mint in a puree state.
- We send mint mashed potatoes to one of the parts of the dough for Shokomyatki cookies.
- Tip. Mint puree will make the dough thinner, so you need to add some more sifted flour.
- We roll out each layer of dough, and we have three of them: brown, green and light - into a layer measuring about 25 by 25 centimeters. You can make blanks of parchment paper, and roll out the dough on them.
- Fold in turn: first, a light layer of dough, on top of it (without parchment) brown, and then a green layer. We turn the three-layer cookie dough with mint leaves into a roll and send it to the freezer for fifteen minutes.
- When the dough freezes well, carefully cut it into pieces: about half a centimeter.
- We cover the baking sheet with parchment and spread our chocolate-mint cookies “Shokomyatki”, send it to the oven for twenty minutes. Bake at a temperature of 180 degrees.
Very fragrant, tasty and unusually beautiful cookies can be served with tea, milk or coffee. Visit our site “Very Delicious”: and get a lot of interesting and unusual, but at the same time very simple recipes. Cook with us, cook with pleasure.