For anyone who can’t imagine life without desserts, I recommend making funky eclairs with custard. You will be able to prepare cream, dough and delicious icing the first time. This delicate delicacy comes from France. In the literal translation, "eclair" means "lightning, flash." So it turns out that oblong tender cakes with a variety of fillings and tastes resemble a gastronomic flash. Try to cook: get a truly refined pleasure from a terrific dessert.
- 2.5% fat milk - one hundred grams;
- boiled water - 250 grams;
- butter cow butter - 120 grams;
- white sugar sand - 15 grams;
- BC wheat flour - two hundred grams;
- a pinch of salt (4 grams approximately);
- eggs - 5 pieces (should be 250 grams).
- milk 2.5% fat - 600 milliliters;
- 6 chicken yolks;
- white sugar sand - 140 grams;
- BC corn food starch - 70 grams;
- butter, butter - 45 grams;
- vanilla pod - one middle piece (you can replace a couple with drops of vanilla extract).
- boiled water - 70 grams;
- white sugar sand - 80 grams;
- cocoa powder - 30 grams;
- high fat cream (33-35%) - 65 grams;
- instant edible gelatin - 6 grams.
Funky eclairs with custard: making cream, pastry and delicious glaze. Step by step recipe
- First, prepare the custard. Pour milk into a small saucepan and send to the stove. From the half of the cut vanilla pod you need to get the grains and add to the milk, also, for flavor, we will drop the pod itself. We will get it later, before combining milk with other ingredients. Stir the milk a little, bring it to a boil, but do not let it boil.
- While the milk is heating, we turn to the yolks. Grind six yolks and granulated sugar with a whisk in a homogeneous state. Next, add corn starch and mix thoroughly so that lumps do not begin to form. You should get a beautiful yellow creamy mass.
- Gently combine almost boiled, very hot, milk and yolks. A sieve will help us with this. On it will remain a vanilla pod and its seeds. It is necessary to pour milk through a sieve in a thin stream and in small portions, while mixing everything very well with a whisk. Do everything very quickly so that your yolks do not curl. Stir and smooth.
- When the milk is poured, transfer everything back to the pan and set it on the stove, on medium heat. Now we bring the aromatic mixture to the state of custard. Throughout the process, mix, without ceasing, with a whisk. When you see that the cream is boiling, reduce the heat to a minimum and boil it for two minutes. Stir, make sure that the cream does not burn, so that it does not remain on the walls of the pan too much.
- Then remove from heat and add sliced cold butter. All mix well.
- We put the saucepan with cream in a bowl of cold water, cool it in this way. When the custard reaches room temperature, transfer it to a bowl, cover with cling film and put in the refrigerator: until completely cooled and solidified.
- Now we’ll prepare the icing or, as it is also called, the glaze - chocolate fudge with the addition of gelatin, which gives the cake a very beautiful mirror shine. It also needs to be prepared in advance, like custard.
- Soak the gelatin in cold water first. In this case, do not stir it with a spoon.
- At the same time we put a pot of water and sugar on the stove, let it boil. Mix the sugar with a whisk so that it completely dissolves and does not remain on the walls of the pan. Then remove from the stove, add cream and sifted cocoa, mix everything very well.
- Then we take out a piece of swollen gelatin, squeeze it a little from excess water and transfer it to our chocolate mass. Now you need to mix everything very quickly and thoroughly so that there are no lumps or remnants of gelatin. If there is still a slight heterogeneity, strain everything through a sieve into another container. Then we glaze (glaze) cool, cover with cling film and put in the refrigerator until it cools completely.
- It's time to make choux dough for eclairs. Pour all the milk and water into the stewpan, put pieces of butter and a pinch of salt, put on medium heat, stir occasionally. We bring the mass to a boil, but again we do not let it boil.
- As soon as you see the first bubbles on the surface, immediately reduce the heat and add the sifted wheat flour in small portions.
- Now you need to take a silicone spatula and very hotly stir the hot dough in the pan - this is about two minutes. The mass should dry, become more uniform, have a pleasant aroma and a delicate yellow color.
- Then remove everything from the fire. Transfer the pan to the working surface and start adding one egg at a time (introduce them into the dough). At this stage, you can continue and mix everything in manual mode, or you can use, for example, a mixer.
- Now transfer the choux pastry to the pastry bag. And with it, we spread the dough in the form of eclairs on a baking sheet, which is covered with parchment paper. Lubricate the parchment is not worth it. Choose the size of cakes yourself. Someone loves more classic ones, and someone less like little fingers. Using a fork, align the upper structure of each eclair.
- Preheat the oven to 180 * C and bake for about 30 minutes. For 20 minutes, open for one second and close the oven door. It is necessary to let out a little steam.
- We take out the finished eclairs from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- We take the cream from the refrigerator and mix it with a whisk.
- There are several ways in which you can put stuffing in eclairs at home. For example: with a knife, make an incision to the middle, side of each eclair, and using a pastry bag and a thin nozzle, fill it with custard. It is possible in another way: from the bottom of the eclairs we make 2-3 holes with the help of a metal round nozzle and then with the same nozzle we introduce the cream in the middle of each eclair. Determine the amount of cream yourself: wash the excess cream gently with a knife.
- Now it's time for the glaze. We take a bowl out of the refrigerator and put it in a water bath. We stir everything well with a whisk and bring the chocolate mass to 30 * C (so that it is comfortable to work with it further).
- Then we dip each eclair in a chocolate glaze and carefully spread it on a dish or wire rack so that they freeze.
Ready-made eclairs with custard and funky chocolate glossy glaze are ready. They are incredibly tasty. Once you have bitten them, you understand that they are incomparable with those purchased. Of course, they are not prepared as easily as, for example, a biscuit: but how do you sometimes want to cook a delicious dessert, surprise everyone and give a sweet joy. On the site "Very Delicious" there are many delicious and proven recipes. Cook with love - and enjoy your meal!