A gentle cherry pie with marshmallows will not leave any sweet tooth indifferent. A very delicate chocolate base is perfectly combined with a light, airy and incredibly delicious cream. The rich, and never annoying, saturated taste of the pie with fresh cherries will undoubtedly become the most delicious dessert on your table. Cherry-marshmallow cake is a favorite of our family, all our friends: and I cook such a cake with enviable regularity.
- baking powder for dough - 8 grams;
- vanilla sugar - 8 grams;
- flour - 160 grams;
- eggs - 2 pieces;
- sugar - 120 grams;
- cocoa powder - 25 grams;
- milk - 125 milliliters;
- vegetable oil - 125 milliliters.
- marshmallows - 240 grams;
- cream (35%) - 500 milliliters;
- pitted cherries - 300 grams;
- chocolate for decoration.
Delicate cherry pie with marshmallows. Step by step recipe
- In one container we combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder for dough and mix thoroughly so that all dry ingredients are evenly distributed throughout the volume, and the cake after baking was even.
- Sift the resulting dry mass.
- Chicken eggs (I used medium-sized eggs) are broken into a bowl for beating, add vanilla sugar and beat with a mixer.
- Without stopping whipping, add sugar (in the recipe) in small portions.
- Then we introduce vegetable oil in several stages and continue whisking.
- And also pour milk in several doses.
- Add the flour mass in small portions to the liquid mixture and mix everything well until smooth. If you will mix with a mixer - this must be done quickly and shortly so that the dough is not processed. The result should not be a thick, pouring dough for the pie.
- Cover the baking sheet 32x23 centimeters with parchment paper.
- Pour the dough evenly on a baking sheet and level.
- We send the baking sheet with the dough into the oven preheated to 180 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Check the readiness of the cake with a wooden stick.
- We put the freshly baked pie on the wire rack and leave: let it stand and cool.
- Cherry for a layer of cake can be taken both fresh and frozen. I used frozen cherries. We separate 80 milliliters of cream juice from the cherry, and the remaining cherry juice will be left for impregnation.
- In the cooled cake we make punctures (I do this with a wooden Chinese stick) and soak the chocolate sponge cake with cherry soaking.
- Cut the cherry berries in half and spread on the pie.
- Pour 80 milliliters of the cherry juice into the marshmallows and gently heat them in the microwave. Marshmallow should swell and become soft.
- Marshmallow can be used ready-made, or you can cook it yourself: see the recipe for its preparation on our site “I like to cook.”
- Then gently stir so that the cherry juice and marshmallows are combined into a homogeneous cream. The cream is left to stand and cool. Instead of cherry juice, you can take any other liquid - milk, coffee or other juice.
- Beat very cold and greasy cream until stable.
- Gently mix the marshmallows (room temperature) with whipped cream.
- We put the cherry cream in a pastry bag and place it on the cake.
- We send the cherry pie in the refrigerator to stand until the cream completely hardens.
- If desired, the finished pie on top can be decorated with melted chocolate.
Cherry pie with marshmallows is easy to cut and the hardened cream on the cake resembles ice cream to taste. An unusually delicious, delicate slice of a delicious cherry pie just melts in your mouth.
On “I Love Cooking” you will find many more step-by-step recipes for very tasty and fragrant home-made cakes.