Seductively appetizing and fragrant German apricot pie will pleasantly surprise you with its taste. The basis of the pie is a soft, friable shortcrust pastry that simply melts in your mouth, and the filling of apricots and almonds gives the sweets a special piquancy. Almonds and apricots are perfectly combined and create an unforgettable taste palette of homemade cakes.
German pastries are so tasty, soft, fragrant and original that it is worth the effort and products. Let's cook!
For the base (on a shape with a diameter of 26 centimeters):
- wheat flour - 200 grams;
- sugar - 75 grams;
- butter - 100 grams;
- baking powder for dough - 10 grams (1 sachet);
- vanilla sugar - 8 grams (1 sachet);
- one medium chicken egg.
- almond flour - 100 grams;
- sugar - 100 grams;
- cream 30-35% - 125 milliliters;
- one middle egg;
- a pinch of salt;
- canned apricots (can of 800 milliliters);
- a handful of almonds.
German apricot pie. Step by step recipe
- For the preparation of German pie 200 grams of wheat flour are pre-sifted.
- Then in a small container we combine the sifted flour, baking powder for dough, vanilla sugar, regular sugar and mix everything well so that all dry ingredients are evenly distributed over the volume.
- In the flour mixture we put the cold chopped butter and quickly grind everything into crumbs.
It is not necessary to achieve very small crumbs during grinding: if a pea remains somewhere, then this is normal.
- In the center of the crumbs we make a recess.
- One medium chicken egg (I used a fresh homemade egg to make a German pie) is broken into a flour well, beat the egg with a fork and then knead the dough for a classic German apricot pie.
It is not necessary to knead and knead the dough for the pie for a long time: as soon as the crumbs get together in the dough, it is ready.
- We cover the detachable cake baking dish with parchment paper.
- We cover the bottom of the mold and wall with dough: about 3 centimeters.
The dough for the pie can be rolled out and transferred to the form, or you can take small pieces of dough and fill the bottom of the mold and walls with them.
- Place the form with the dough in the refrigerator for two hours or in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Lightly beat one chicken egg with a mixer.
- Without stopping whipping, add a pinch of salt to the egg container, pour in the cream of fat, add sugar in small portions and beat well until a white foam is stable.
- Then pour the almond flour (according to the recipe) into the creamy mixture and mix well. Pouring for a German pie is ready.
- We take out the form with the dough from the refrigerator, spread evenly the filling and halves of the apricots (lay the apricots with the slice up).
I am preparing a German pie with canned apricots, but you can also cook with fresh ones.
- In the center of each apricot on a pie, put the kernel of the almond.
Trimming the edges of the dough: I always cut the edges a centimeter above the apricot. We lay out all the cut dough in small pieces on top.
- We bake the cake in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
- Baked classic German apricot pie, put in the form on a wire rack - let it cool.
- Remove the form from the warm almond cake and transfer the cake to a serving plate.
The cake is very tasty in both warm and cold. Traditionally, German pie is served with whipped cream. Everyone will like a piece of aromatic, tasty, sweet, soft and tender pie with apricots and almonds.
I wish you a pleasant tea party with "I love to cook."