The giant “Kit Kat” with green tea is our answer to the Japanese: they have bars in this country with such a taste (but small), but for some reason we don’t - so we will make our own and (purely in Russian, on a grand scale) very large . The white chocolate paste with the aroma of green tea creates a delicate soft layer: when you cut off a piece of such a treat, it smells great and melts - in the mouth, and not in the hands. In my opinion, in this giant bar everything is in moderation - they want to enjoy forever. And it’s not so difficult to prepare such a miracle at home: but how much joy you will bring to yourself and loved ones (especially, of course, children).
For chocolate coating:
- 600 grams of white chocolate;
- 1 teaspoon of green leaf tea;
- 100 grams of matcha green tea.
For chocolate paste:
- 300 grams of white chocolate;
- 225 grams of condensed milk;
- 75 milliliters of cream 30% fat (and higher);
- 70 grams of matcha green tea.
Still need 500 grams of waffles (I have vanilla filling).
Giant "Kit Kat" with green tea. Step by step recipe
- Cooking chocolate paste. We spread white chocolate (according to the recipe) in a bowl and put in a water bath. With constant stirring, melt the chocolate over medium heat.
- When white chocolate becomes a homogeneous liquid consistency and no lumps remain, pour cream of 30% fat and condensed milk (according to the recipe). Mix until smooth.
- Tip. The best baking creams are those that you have prepared at home. You can look at the recipe for cream of any fat content on our website “Very Delicious”.
- Pour matcha green tea into a creamy chocolate mixture (this is Japanese tea in the form of a powder), mix thoroughly all the time so that no lumps form.
- Pour the finished chocolate paste of delicate green color into a plate and leave it for a while.
- To prepare the giant Kit Kat bar, we need a cupcake mold with approximate dimensions: length - 30 centimeters, width - 10 centimeters, height - 8 centimeters. Wash it well, wipe and polish with a napkin.
- Cooking chocolate coating. We send 400 grams of white chocolate to the water bath (from the recipe for chocolate coating). Turn on the medium heat and melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally: so that the process is uniform.
- Grind ordinary leafy green tea with a knife (but not into powder).
- When the chocolate is almost completely dissolved, add green tea and mix well.
- In the process of cooking you will have to use a kitchen thermometer: we need the chocolate temperature to reach 45 degrees - this is a prerequisite.
- When the chocolate reaches the desired temperature, remove the bowl from the fire, pour the matcha tea and mix thoroughly with a whisk. Most importantly: stir intensively so that no lumps form.
- When the tea is completely combined with chocolate and the last becomes an intense green color, put the remaining white chocolate in a bowl (pieces, we have 200 grams of them according to the recipe). Stir until the added chocolate is completely dissolved (nothing needs to be heated).
- Put a bowl of chocolate in ice water or put on ice. We mix with a spatula from the bottom up, that the mass is evenly cooled and the chocolate has crystallized in the desired shape.
- We check the temperature with a kitchen thermometer: we need the chocolate mass to cool to 27-28 degrees.
- As soon as the temperature reaches the desired level, again we send the bowl with the chocolate mass to the water bath. And heat, with constant stirring, up to 32 degrees.
- ⅔ pour the entire volume of the prepared chocolate coating into the prepared mold, level it with a spatula over the entire surface: make an even thick layer on the walls of the dishes.
- Leave for solidification: at room temperature for 30 minutes, in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- After the layer has hardened, coat with a white chocolate paste on top, smoothing out irregularities.
- We spread the layer of wafers tightly to each other (you can use waffles without filling). If necessary, cut the wafers into strips: the form must be completely filled. The process of forming a giant bar you can see in detail the video under the recipe.
- After the waffle layer is laid out, grease it with chocolate paste: it should fill all the voids.
- We spread the next layer of wafers, spread with paste: and so on until the whole form is filled.
- We don’t lubricate the last layer with the paste, but pour the chocolate coating on it (we heat it up a bit before it becomes liquid).
- Using a special spatula or a wide knife, smooth the surface - it should be smooth.
- We remove the finished giant chocolate bar in the refrigerator for three hours (approximately): we need the top layer to harden well.
- Slightly bend the edges of the form: and a giant bar easily comes out of it.
We serve the giant bar “Kit Kat” with fragrant notes of green tea: you can’t eat a lot of it, because it is very sweet - that's why we call friends. Already want to bite a bite? Put the samovar faster - and enjoy the wonderful taste of the original sweet: I wish you bon appetit. And until we meet again on the Very Delicious website: every day we prepare new recipes for wonderful dishes for you.