I invite everyone to tea. I have ginger cinnamon rolls today. I don’t know about you, but I just love homemade cinnamon rolls. Moreover, I am preparing such cinnamon rolls according to a very simple recipe. The buns are so fragrant due to one secret that I will share with you. Besides cinnamon, ginger is present in my buns. And this, take my word for it, is very tasty.
- sugar - 150 grams;
- live yeast - 20 grams;
- flour - 700 grams;
- grated ginger - 2 teaspoons;
- milk or whey - 300 milliliters;
- salt - 1 teaspoon;
- butter - 100 grams;
- eggs - 3 pieces.
For top buns:
- cinnamon - 1 teaspoon;
- poppy seeds - 2 teaspoons;
- sugar - 1 tablespoon.
Ginger cinnamon rolls. Step by step recipe
- We heat milk or whey to a temperature of 35-38 degrees. If you do not have a thermometer, just try the liquid with your finger, it should not be too hot.
- Drop the yeast into a warm liquid and dilute it with milk, stirring with a spoon or whisk.
- Add the third part of sugar from our recipe, approximately 50 grams, and add to milk and yeast.
- We surely sift the flour and select four spoons, send it to milk with sugar.
- Stir everything, we get a liquid dough, and put it aside for 40 minutes, in a warm place, so that it fits.
- Beat two eggs with the remaining sugar and salt. It’s not necessary to beat strongly, we just need sugar to dissolve.
- In the beaten eggs with sugar, add the dough. Mix with a mixer.
- Peel ginger and rub on a fine grater. Add to the egg dough.
- Add the sifted flour into the dough in parts, stirring the dough all the time. By the way, flour can go a little less than indicated in the recipe, so do not add all at once.
- In the dough kneaded, add butter, which was previously melted in a steam bath.
- Put the mixed dough on the table and roll it into a ball.
- Grease a large bowl with vegetable oil, put the dough in it and leave it for an hour to make it fit.
- Lubricate the hands with vegetable oil, crush the dough again and leave it to go a little more for half an hour.
- Cover the baking sheet with parchment paper and grease it with margarine or butter.
- Pour a little flour on the table, take half the dough and roll it with a rolling pin into a half-centimeter thick layer.
- From the dough we squeeze out circles no more than 6 cm in diameter, you can use a glass.
- We spread the circles with an overlap, capturing each. We will need seven circles.
- Starting from the edge, twist them tightly into a roll. Twisted roll cut into two halves. It turns out a rose.
- Put the roses on a baking sheet, so that they do not stick together. Let them stand for 20 minutes.
- Sugar for top buns mixed with cinnamon.
- Shake one egg and grease the top of the buns. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixed on top. And then sprinkle with poppy seeds. Let them stand for another three minutes.
- The oven is preheated to 220 degrees, put buns in it and bake on average 27 minutes. But, as always, look in your oven.
So you learned how to make ginger cinnamon rolls. A little tip: when the buns have cooled, they can be sprinkled with powdered sugar on top, but this is only optional. Cook with pleasure with our Very Delicious website and you will always have delicious food on the table. Enjoy your meal! Photos and videos belong to Svetlana Chernova