Last year, I first tried a delicious Easter cake, covered with extraordinary icing with gelatin. This is a very gentle mass that does not crumble at all, does not stick to a knife and hands when you cut a cake. As they explained to me, it is completely harmless: after all, it does not use protein and other products of animal origin that can carry various bacteria and sticks. When I found out the recipe, I was amazed that such a yummy is so easy to cook quickly: and from such simple, readily available ingredients. Therefore, on the eve of Easter, I simply must share with you this recipe for “I love to cook” and tell you how to make an unusually delicious icing for Easter cake.
- sugar - 200 grams;
- instant gelatin - 6 grams;
- water - 90 milliliters;
- lemon juice - 2-3 drops.
Glaze for Easter cakes with gelatin. Step by step recipe
- Pour gelatin with 2 tablespoons of water, stir and leave to swell: for about 15-25 minutes.
- Pour sugar into a separate stewpan, fill in the remaining water, mix well and put on fire.
- Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat, add the swollen gelatin (it is not necessary to melt it) and mix well with a spoon.
- Next, whip with a mixer at high speed, still hot syrup until a thick white foam appears. In time, it will take about 3-4 minutes.
- Leave to cool slightly - until warm - about 10 minutes.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice (you can replace it with orange if desired), also at this stage you can add food coloring. And beat again for about 1 minute.
White sugar icing for Easter cakes with gelatin is ready! Apply it immediately after preparation: since it hardens quickly enough. It is also very important: apply icing to the cakes that have already completely cooled down - this ensures their correct texture, without drying out or smudges (since sugar tends to melt). This fondant can be used not only for Easter cakes: with it I made cupcakes, watered rolls and even eclairs - my child simply adores her.
Since soon the great Easter holiday, I still want to share a very interesting, quick recipe for Easter cake, which we will cover with our delicious white glaze. It is prepared without yeast, but tastes like a yeast. The dough is lush, soft and very tasty. And cooking is much easier than with dough. If you are new to cooking cakes, then use this recipe! I'm sure you will succeed!
- eggs - 3-4 pieces;
- milk - 150 grams;
- sugar - 150 grams;
- raisins - 100 grams;
- flour - 500 grams;
- cream margarine - 200 grams;
- vanilla sugar (vanillin) - 1 sachet (8-10 grams);
- baking powder - 10 grams;
- icing sugar with jelly;
- sprinkling - optional.
Tasty and quick cakes without yeast. Step by step recipe
- The softened creamy margarine is transferred to a bowl, add sugar, vanillin and beat with a mixer to a lush oily mass.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until creamy homogeneous mass.
- Pour the baking powder, continuing to beat with a mixer.
- Pour in milk at room temperature, stir a little and then slightly beat.
If you immediately turn on the mixer at high speed, then the milk will scatter in your kitchen.
- Sift the flour and put it in small portions into the dough - it should turn out a little thicker than sour cream. Since the flour is different for everyone, so try to focus on the sour cream consistency of the dough itself.
- Prepare raisins in advance: rinse under running water, dry on a paper towel. If you have too dry raisins, then leave it in water for 15-20 minutes, and only then dry.
- In a bowl with clean and dry raisins, add about 0.5 tablespoon of flour and mix well. We need to roll every zest - this is done so that the raisins in the dough do not settle.
- Pour raisins into the dough and mix well with a spatula. The dough will become a little thicker, but still the consistency allows you to knead with a spoon or spatula.
- Lubricate clean, dry baking forms with vegetable oil and fill with dough: it should take a little more than half the form.
- We put in the oven for 35-40 minutes, at a temperature of 200 degrees. On the bottom of the oven, I always put a bowl of hot water to prevent burning cakes.
Grease ready-made and fully cooled Easter cakes with our freshly prepared gelatin icing. Optionally, decorate with colored sprinkles. And my child loves the top of Easter cakes sprinkled with crushed nuts. To be honest - it’s very tasty and nice! Join us on “I Love Cooking” - we still have a lot of delicious and simple Easter recipes!
Enjoy your meal!