I admit honestly that I never buy puff pastry, but I cook it exclusively myself. There is always a “strategic supply" in my freezer, and if necessary I defrost it and prepare the most delicious puff pastry products in the world. Cooking it is not at all difficult, as it seems at first glance. In the step-by-step description of the recipe, I will clarify some of the nuances and reveal all the secrets of a successful puff pastry.
We will need 2 types of test:
- margarine - 200 grams;
- flour - 2/3 cup.
- egg - 1 piece;
- flour - 2 glasses;
- lemon juice - 1/4 teaspoon;
- a pinch of salt;
Good puff pastry. Step by step recipe
- Prepare the first dough: for this, softened margarine, chop with a knife with flour. And then with my fingers I make the crumbs of flour and margarine, as small as possible, this will give us more air layers in the finished product.
- Then roll a peculiar ball out of this crumb and set it aside for now.
- Preparing the second dough: Pour 1.5 cups of flour into a bowl, which is mixed with lemon juice and salt.
- Take a glass with a volume of 250 milliliters, beat an egg there and add cold water to get 2/3 cups of the total liquid. Mix the water with the egg and put it into the flour. Start kneading the dough, gradually adding half a glass of flour.
- The dough should turn out quite soft and elastic. Now roll the second version of the test, but do not roll too thin, so as not to tear.
- Put in the middle of test No. 2, test No. 1 and wrap it in an envelope. You should get the first dough in the envelope of the second. Send the resulting envelope in the refrigerator for half an hour. Do not cover the dough with either cling film or a towel. We do not need the dough to steam.
- After the specified time, lay the dough on the table, lightly sprinkled with flour, smooth side up. Roll out the dough a bit so that you can fold the envelope again. And also without covering, we send the dough to the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Repeat this operation again, and send the dough for 30 minutes in the refrigerator, folding it into an envelope.
If you have prepared the dough in the evening, then you can store it in the refrigerator by wrapping it in a bag. And if you want to send the dough for long-term storage, then boldly send it to the freezer. It defrosts quickly for 1-2 hours - and you can start baking.
From puff pastry you can cook your favorite Napoleon, snack cakes, croissants and everything your heart desires.
I am sure that now you will love to cook puff pastry at home, and the products from it will work out for you well. "Very tasty" wishes you bon appetit! And be sure to try cooking the most delicious puff pastry in 10 minutes and instant puff pastry.