Friends, would you like to taste not just delicious buns, but brand new and most fragrant buns in the world: with custard lemon cream? I will share this simple recipe with you with great pleasure. Gentle buns filled with lemon cream fill the house with a citrus aroma and, as well as possible, are combined with fresh milk or a cup of tea. By the way, lemon can no longer be put in tea.
- cow's milk - 0.25 liters;
- sugar sand - 130 grams;
- dry quick-acting yeast - eight grams;
- butter - 60 grams;
- chicken egg - 1 piece;
- salt - half a teaspoon;
- wheat flour - 450 grams;
- vanillin - 1.5 grams.
Optional: one egg for greasing buns. For custard lemon cream:
- lemon (medium size) - 2 pieces;
- egg yolks - 4 pieces;
- sugar sand - 160 grams;
- butter - 60 grams;
- starch - 2 tablespoons.
Gorgeous buns with custard lemon cream. Step by step recipe
- Before we start making buns, we must first prepare their filling: custard lemon cream.
- From personal experience, I can recommend you prepare lemon cream in advance. This is best done 1-2 days before baking rolls. So the cream will become thick enough, and you will save your time. But you can make a cream just before the start of the process of making buns.
- With two lemons, using a grater, remove the zest.
- Then cut the lemons in half and squeeze the lemon juice.
- Pour lemon juice into a small stewpan, pour sugar, starch into it, add butter and yolks.
- Mix everything well and add the zest of lemons.
- We put the stewpan on fire and cook on low heat until thickened. Stir constantly with a spoon.
- Transfer custard lemon cream to a storage container (jar), allow time to cool and put in the refrigerator for 6 hours. Ready cream should thicken.
- Now let's cook the buns.
- Pour a little warmed milk into a deep bowl.
- Pour dry yeast and mix.
- Then add (not all!) A small amount of sifted wheat flour and knead well. The consistency dough should resemble sour cream.
- We leave the bowl with the dough (dough) in a warm place, and give time to rise. The dough should double.
- When the dough has increased in volume, beat one egg with salt and sugar, add the melted butter and pour into our dough. All carefully knead with a spoon.
- Add vanillin, and begin to pour the remaining flour. First, knead well with a spoon, and then sprinkle the working surface with flour and proceed to knead the dough on the surface with your hands.
- Knead the dough for 5-10 minutes until it becomes elastic and stops sticking to your hands.
- Round the finished dough, put it in a bowl, cover with a kitchen towel and leave to rise for 60-70 minutes.
- Grease a baking sheet with vegetable oil or cover it with parchment.
- An hour later, we begin to form buns from yeast dough.
- We spread the dough on a work surface. Roll out into a thick tourniquet. We divide the harness into 4 parts. We divide each part into 4 parts. In total, 16 bun blanks are obtained. Each piece of dough is slightly rounded.
- Using a rolling pin, we roll out a piece of dough into a “tongue”. On one edge, put a spoonful of lemon custard and pinch it inward. On the second edge, we make 4 - 5 cuts with a knife, wrap a bun like a bagel. Inside the cream is obtained, and outside cuts. Detailed information on how to form such buns will be on the video under the recipe.
- We spread the buns with lemon filling on a baking sheet.
- We cover the baking tray with buns with a kitchen towel and leave to proof for 20 minutes.
- Then grease the buns with a beaten egg, and send to the oven preheated to 180 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool the finished buns and serve.
These custard buns are easy to prepare and very tasty. Children simply adore them. Be sure to make lemon buns for your family and you will see delight and gratitude in their eyes. The team of the site “Very tasty” wishes you a pleasant appetite.