I tried a slice and fell in love with this gorgeous lemon sponge cake! It is so tender and airy, like a slightly melted ice cream. A light lemon citrine makes the cake very pleasant, not sugary, even slightly refreshing. In a word - a merger! Such a biscuit will be a delicious decoration for a festive table or a family dinner. And cooking it is not at all difficult - you just need a little of your time. But believe me: it's worth it!
- eggs - 5 pieces;
- sugar - 170 grams;
- flour - 150 grams;
- lemon juice - 25 milliliters;
- oil - 25 grams;
- zest - 0.5 lemon;
- apricot - 2 pieces.
- milk - 250 milliliters;
- eggs - 2 pieces;
- lemon juice - 50 milliliters;
- sugar - 110 grams;
- flour - 45 grams;
- oil - 250 grams.
- water - 150 milliliters;
- sugar - 70 grams;
- lemon juice - 2.5 tablespoons.
Great lemon sponge cake. Step by step recipe
- Rub the zest of half a lemon on a fine grater and squeeze the juice. In general, for the whole cake (with biscuit, cream and impregnation) for juice you need about 1.5-2 lemons.
- Carefully separate the whites from the yolks.
- Cooking a biscuit: slightly whisk the whites and gradually begin to add granulated sugar. As a result, the mass should turn out such that if you turn the dishes with whipped proteins, they will not drain anywhere.
- Add the yolks to the protein mass one at a time and beat at minimum speed until they are completely dissolved.
- Next, pour the sifted flour in 2-3 doses and mix with a spatula with movements from the bottom up, trying not to disturb the splendor.
- Melt the butter, cool and pour into the dough. Try to pour not in one place, but in a thin stream over the entire surface. Stir everything again.
- Add the zest and 25 milliliters of lemon juice.
- Cover the bottom of the baking dish with parchment paper (I have a diameter of 22 cm). Pour the dough and smoothly level. To smooth the surface of the dough, scroll the shape several times clockwise.
- Bake a sponge cake for 30-35 minutes at 180 degrees. Readiness is checked by piercing with a wooden skewer, if it is dry and clean, then the biscuit is ready.
- First, leave the cake to cool in the form for 20-30 minutes, then carefully remove it and leave it on the grill until it cools completely. Then we put the biscuit in a plastic bag or wrap it with film and leave it to rest for at least 8 hours (I leave it overnight).
- Step-by-step cream preparation: combine eggs with sugar and rub well. Pour about 50 milliliters of milk to make the mass more liquid.
- Add the sifted flour and mix until smooth so that there are no lumps.
- We heat the remaining milk over medium heat, not bringing to a boil - steam will begin to appear above the surface. After a thin stream, pour it into the egg mixture, quickly whisking with a whisk so that the eggs do not curl.
- The resulting mass is again heated over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly so that it does not burn and thickens evenly.
- Pour the cream into a clean bowl. It should turn out homogeneous and without lumps. If they do exist, then grind the mass onto a sieve. We cover the bowl with cling film so that it fits snugly on the surface of the cream and leave to cool. So we cover so that the crust does not form on the surface of the custard.
- After an hour and a half, when the cream is still a little warm, pour in the lemon juice, mix, cover again and leave it to cool completely.
- Beat softened butter until fluffy, whitened, increased in volume (about 6-7 minutes).
- Without turning off the mixer, add 1 tablespoon custard mass and continue to whisk. Ready cream is removed in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Syrup preparation: pour water into sugar, add lemon juice, cook until boiling (sugar should completely dissolve). Then remove from heat and cool.
- From the cooled biscuit, cut the upper crust, leveling it, and cut into 3 cakes.
- Apricots cut into small cubes. If the peel is too thick, then it must be cleaned.
- Step-by-step assembly of lemon cake: the first cake is well soaked in syrup, spread ⅓ part of the cream, evenly distribute, spread part of the apricots. Cover with the second cake and carry out the same actions. We spread the third, soak it and completely (top and sides) cover with the remaining cream.
- We send the finished cake to the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours.
Homemade lemon cake turned out to be very tender, well-soaked, with a light, pleasant lemon acidity. Slices of apricots add a very pleasant juiciness. Instead, you can put peaches, raspberries, strawberries or other berries. Just don't overdo it too much. Join us at “Very Delicious”, cook beautiful and tasty dishes at home with us and delight your family and friends. Enjoy your meal! Photos and videos belong to Olga Shobutinskaya